PDA

View Full Version : Something Different

Blake Shadle
02-07-2008, 09:26 PM
Ok. Personally, I like this one, but I'll admit it's kinda' wierd ;) This is a macro and a pano, so I chose the pano forum. I made this image out at Eureka Springs botanical garden, near Tampa, FL. This is the underside of a banana tree leaf, the white is the detailess sky.

Shooting Solution
Camera: Nikon D200
Lens: Tamron 180mm f/3.5
Manual Exposure, 1/60 @ f/5.6
ISO 400, Handheld

Thanks for looking! Comments welcomed and appreciated.

Maxis Gamez
02-07-2008, 09:44 PM
Hey Blake,

I like "abstract" images like this one. Very interesting point of view. I would love to see this one in B&W.

Good eye, BTW!!

Robert Amoruso
02-07-2008, 10:43 PM
Blake,

You have the right elements, the diagonal, the sweeping lines of the plant's leave but it is just not working for me. Perhaps the off-white color on the sky. I copied it into PS and went crazy with Channel Mixer and extreme contrast and turned it into a digital creation but did not post it here - wrong forum.;)

My suggestion is to play with it and create an Out of the Box image.

Blake Shadle
02-07-2008, 11:07 PM
Blake,

You have the right elements, the diagonal, the sweeping lines of the plant's leave but it is just not working for me. Perhaps the off-white color on the sky. I copied it into PS and went crazy with Channel Mixer and extreme contrast and turned it into a digital creation but did not post it here - wrong forum.;)

My suggestion is to play with it and create an Out of the Box image.

Sounds like a plan :)

David Kennedy
02-08-2008, 01:34 AM
Blake,
I'm going to have to echo Robert on this one. There's just not enough of the leaf to hold my attention against that oppressive sky.

Blake Shadle
02-08-2008, 02:54 PM
I did some work on it, went the b&w route and think it looks pretty cool. Added some framing to differentiate the image from the site background too. Thanks for the thought guys! I'll try to post it a little later.

Alfred Forns
02-14-2008, 09:59 PM
Actually I would just increase saturation by blending layers Love this image !!!!

Robert O'Toole
02-22-2008, 12:05 PM
does this still qualify as a Pano, its really a Dupe stitch, sorry if this is the wrong place, hope you dont mind for the redo Blake.

David Kennedy
02-22-2008, 12:56 PM
It's a panoramic crop--but I admit it could go anywhere. There have been a number of similarly cropped images that could have been moved here, so I'd say why not--the more the merrier.

Aside from that, it might be a little too funky for me, Robert :)

Blake Shadle
02-22-2008, 01:06 PM
does this still qualify as a Pano, its really a Dupe stitch, sorry if this is the wrong place, hope you dont mind for the redo Blake.

Very cool!