PDA

View Full Version : Robin

Nagesh Mula
08-08-2009, 02:13 PM
I took this picture while lying on the ground and hence OOF grass and also the DOF was very less F5.6. I took this picture in horizontal format where the legs were hidden behing grass and while the whole upper body could be seen but then after some long discussion with my wife we liked this version where although we are capturing just half of the body but still makes a beautiful picture.
I would like to know your opinion here.
The picture was taken as it is and pped mostly for slight color adjustments and sharpness.

100-400 @ 400mm
f5.6
1/2000
-1/3
ISO - 400

Thanks.

Alfred Forns
08-08-2009, 04:10 PM
Hi Nagesh

I do like the crop very much, ... you guys work well together !!!

I like the low angle and that you got the head just above the transition versus right in the middle.
Exposure is right on and love that bg. PS wise might back down the sharpening a bit particularly on the body, head looks fine. Hard to explain but feathers tend to look "frozen" with lot of sharpening. Excellent image I like it a lot !!!!

btw for the sharpening you can do it in a layer and erase the unwnted part !! We should have several tutorials if you need and can pm !!

Gus Cobos
08-08-2009, 05:34 PM
Hi Nagesh,
I like the composition, image and capture. The color rendition is good. You have a good head angle and sharp eye...I like the feel of the OOF grass in the foreground...looking forward to your next one...:cool:

Jeff Cashdollar
08-09-2009, 07:25 AM
The Robin is my favorite bird so I had to chime in. on-balance well done. Maybe too trite, but you signature is a bit distracting, small is better. Nice low angle and expose data looks good. I have this lens and always try and stay away from 400mm, maybe 380 or so.

The BG colors are very nice but too over powering IMO (its more about individual feel), they compete for my eye and distract from the subject and the saturation is a bit heavy for my taste.

I like the image, you have made this baby look regal, well done.

Bob Miller
08-09-2009, 02:31 PM
Hi Nagesh......I agree with Al...it looks oversharpened a bit but I love the colors and Bg. The missing legs are not too much of a problem because my mind fills in that detail.

Christopher Miller
08-09-2009, 08:25 PM
Love the low angle, Nagesh. Nice HA and colors. Very well done, really like this!!!