PDA

View Full Version : Zinnia B&W

Harold Davis
08-08-2009, 01:46 PM
used a reflector in nik color efex pro, gradient darkening the lower left and gradient lightening the upper right to further enhance the spotlighting effect. took it into silver efex pro and played with it til i liked it. then used a heavy dose of topaz denoise to give it a creamy look.

thanks for looking. comments and critiques much appreciated.

denise ippolito
08-08-2009, 02:06 PM
I think the right side is just a bit bright and I might tone it down and crop some out-I really do like the effect you're going for and the look of the flower. I added a gradient tint to the one side and cropped a bit tighter,let me know your thoughts.

Harold Davis
08-08-2009, 02:08 PM
the crop is better and the tint spices it up a little.. thanks!! i like it.

denise ippolito
08-08-2009, 02:14 PM
Glad you like it. I like the macro work you've been coming up with lately. The one you posted in ETL is quite special!

Harold Davis
08-08-2009, 02:23 PM
thanks, D!!

Dave Mills
08-08-2009, 03:50 PM
Hi Harold, I like Denises repost. Gives the flower alot stronger presence...Interesting way of handling the lighting!!

Christopher Miller
08-08-2009, 07:56 PM
Very interesting effect, Harold. I like it. Good changes by Denise.

Michael Pancier
08-08-2009, 09:32 PM
I agree with Denise and like the tighter crop. I like the effect.

Julie Kenward
08-09-2009, 07:07 PM
I like the effect Harold but think the middle gray area needed to be extended further towards that URC. Neat idea you had here, though!

Desmond Chan
08-09-2009, 10:45 PM
Ooops, I think I'm the contrarian once again. I'm not sure about the spot light effect since it simply looks to me a photo with half of it very bright and the other half dark. I think it might have to do with the boundary between the dark and the bright side...to straight..? Denise's repose does mitigate that impression somewhat and so I'm with other re the repost.

Harold Davis
08-10-2009, 06:05 PM
hey desmond. dont ever hesitate to voice your opinion. i happen to totally agree with you and appreciate your view. i dont post here for show, i really want peoples feedback. and thanks for taking the time that you did!!!