PDA

View Full Version : Ain't To Proud To Beg

Joe Senzatimore
08-08-2009, 09:00 AM
From this AM. These little ones are now flying , but still need to be fed. At least they are coming out in the open so they can be photographed without all the distracting vegitation in the colony.
400 ISO f8 at 1/2000th

Randy Stout
08-08-2009, 09:58 AM
Joe:

Nicely captured with HA great for this light angle. Open mouth, smooth BG, fine exposure. Like the spray of sand too.

The eye seems slightly less sharp than the mandible. As a very minor point, I rather wish the entire shadow was visible, so if you have a bit more to the left, I would like it, but just my personal reaction to it.

Randy

Brian Barcelos
08-08-2009, 09:58 AM
Joe, love all the details in the open mouth here. Beautiful light, BG and exposure. I think the sand in the air in front of him adds to the image, looks like he was stomping his feet throwing a temper tantrum demanding food.:D I might add a little room to the left to just a little where his shadow ends.Congrats

Brian

Daniel Cadieux
08-08-2009, 10:42 AM
Lots of personality in this image, and I like Brian's comment in regards to the flying sand :-) I too would like to see the complete shadow but if you don't have it I would suggest cropping off to about the "2" in the copyright line - Artie's patented "cut don't clip" guideline is also applicable to the shadow. I would also patch out the small black spot near the shadow.

Mital Patel
08-08-2009, 02:04 PM
awesome shot. those sand dots looks quite interesting and the open mouth giving singing or calling pose a nice moment.

Axel Hildebrandt
08-08-2009, 02:14 PM
Cool pose, good exposure control and sharpness. Adding to the other comments, I might lighten the shadow a bit.

Harshad Barve
08-09-2009, 12:56 AM
Nice sharp image , open beaks add so much, nice commnets above
TFS