PDA

View Full Version : Sandpiper breakfast

LouBuonomo
08-08-2009, 08:00 AM
Went to Jamaica Bay with George, Joe and Grace on Friday morning. Very quiet the tide was comming in but the peeps were very skittish. East pond is shaping up nicely this year.

Only hit the shutter a few times but I liked this one. Wish I had some fill but I liked the way the light highlights the damsfly breakfast.

Thanks for looking,
Lou

Harshad Barve
08-08-2009, 08:45 AM
Lovely bird, nice low angle , food in beak is added advantage
lovely BG , may be few space in bottom , but not sure
works for me all the way
TFS

Joe Senzatimore
08-08-2009, 09:45 AM
Well done Lou. Too bad not much around but this one works very well. Always good to get them with food in the mouth. Maybe just dodge the tail a bit to lighten it up.

Kathy Reeves
08-08-2009, 10:01 AM
Love the low angle and it looks like two Damsflies. Both Lou and Harshad made good suggestions for some small changes. Lovely.

Randy Stout
08-08-2009, 10:02 AM
Lou:

Agree with Harshad & Joe. I might also crop down about 20% of the open space at the top. If you had a sliver more below, might try that as well. I appreciate the point about lightening the tail, but I think it is effective as is, rather concentrates our attention on the front of the bird/prey.

Thanks for sharing.

Randy

Brian Barcelos
08-08-2009, 10:07 AM
Agree with whats been said, I really like the transition of the BG and that damselfly is awesome.

P.S. you forgot to add the techs.;)

Brian

Daniel Cadieux
08-08-2009, 10:32 AM
I agree with a crop from above. Although the angle is attractively low I would have preferred if you had been physically higher by about 1 inch...this way the feet would have been visible and the prey not clipped by the OOF foreground. You may opt to clone/patch out the feather (?) on the ground below the throat. I like the feeding posture, and although the light is coming from the right I like how the front part of the bird is lit.

Mital Patel
08-08-2009, 02:08 PM
superb cpature. i like the bg a lot. very dramatic .