PDA

View Full Version : Mountain Farm

Nick Palmieri
08-07-2009, 01:51 PM
My first image on landscapes. Roman please be nice... Canon EOS 40 with 24-105mm at 47mm, ISO 200, 1/6 at f/22, tripod mounted. I also did pano from the same location this is dead center.

Dave Mills
08-07-2009, 02:19 PM
Hi Nick, I like the basic composition of the pano type image. In the repost I took out the middle buildings and gave a break between the 2 dominant buildings. Depending on your taste the middle building could go also. I noticed you did alot of work on the foreground grass and I see a number of cloning remnants. I tweaked the sky just a little in S/H...not much though.

Nick Palmieri
08-07-2009, 08:20 PM
Thanks Dave, There was no cloning but I see what you are talking about. I thinks it just the grass.

Roman Kurywczak
08-07-2009, 08:38 PM
Hey Nick,
I'm always gentle:eek::D! I think Dave's re-post does help....but only if you are OK with such things. Maybe a little later would make those white builings fade into the shadows some more. I would suggest that next time you may want to go with just the treeline and mountains.....especially if the clouds are more dramatic. Keep this in mind for the fall colors especially. Nice job stitching and the conversion looks very natural. See.....I wasn't that bad!

Morkel Erasmus
08-07-2009, 09:52 PM
despite the lack of a 'leading line' into the frame the layers between FG and BG create enough perceived depth for my eye. is the cloud colour covering the mountain natural?

Nick Palmieri
08-08-2009, 06:40 AM
All real clouds. That is Whiteface Mountain in the Adirondacks(NY) which often get cloud formations like that. These clouds sometimes just linger over the higher peaks for hours.

Morkel Erasmus
08-08-2009, 07:29 AM
interesting! well done on capturing them.