PDA

View Full Version : Purity!

Ramesh Adkoli
08-07-2009, 10:29 AM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3471/3797091975_fc60754534_o.jpg

Twin white geraniums in their pure splendor. Appreciate your views and comments.

EXIF: D700, 105mm Micor VR, 1/10s, f/32, ISO 200, manual, tripod mount, available light, afternoon
PP: selective curves, ligthened dark areas in the BG.

regards,
ramesh

Roman Kurywczak
08-07-2009, 03:02 PM
Hi Ramesh,
Nice job on handling the whites and you did pretty well handling any BG distractions as they are sufficiently OOF......you may want to smooth them out more and darken them just a bit to even further neutralize them. Only recommendation is to next time try and use a reflector (could be aluminum foil or even a shiny pot lid) to bounce a bit of available light back into the LH bloom......will just add that final touch to a very nice exposure.

Alfred Forns
08-07-2009, 05:31 PM
Just what I was thinking Bouncing some light into the flowers, refletors area easy to carry and don't take up much room !!! they are beautiful and love the feel !!!!

Ed Vatza
08-07-2009, 09:18 PM
Excellent exposure. Yes you could use a bit more light into the left bloom but the flowers still look great and the whites are exposed very nicely. I also like the white on white background. Nice work.

Fabs Forns
08-08-2009, 10:24 AM
Great whites and nice composition. Wish for a more uniform background.

Ramesh Adkoli
08-09-2009, 11:06 PM
Thanks a lot, Roman, Alfred, Ed and Fabs. Roman, I agree. Using a reflector would have helped. I took the simplest reflector, a white card board and went back to give it another try. But by that time, three more flowers had bloomed:-) i could not recreate the earlier composition. I tried it anyways to test the impact and have added a note for myself for the future.

regards,
ramesh