PDA

View Full Version : Alaska

denise ippolito
08-07-2009, 09:07 AM
I have never been to Alaska but it is a dream of mine. This image makes me think of Alaska.

Where eagles soar so wild and free
And glaciers melt into the sea

Mountain tops are all capped with snow
Wildflowers lace the land below

Grizzly bears feed from fish filled lakes
Summer nights shine without a break

Northern polar lights seen up high
Aurora Borealis sky

The last frontier is what they say
Alaska - wait for me someday

Dave Mills
08-07-2009, 09:15 AM
Hi Denise, Your poem puts the reader there and I enjoyed it. Nice image to accompany...

denise ippolito
08-07-2009, 10:26 AM
Dave, Thankyou for your kind words.

Lance Warley
08-07-2009, 04:08 PM
OK. It's my new all-time favorite of yours. I don't know how you do it, but it feels Alaska.

My wife and I are going to the Inside Passage next month. Your poem makes me want to leave today.

And the photo is just simply terrific.

denise ippolito
08-07-2009, 04:15 PM
Lance, You are so lucky!! I can't wait for my day. I dream about it often!! I know you'll get some amazing images. Your Banff shots are killer!!!

Ákos Lumnitzer
08-07-2009, 05:38 PM
That's awesome Denise! So well done, love the Aurora borealis line very much. Such a classy touch to a well written poem. Congrats!

We have one of our WIRES people traveling there to do bear rehab work next week - for a month. Needless to say I tried to have myself packed into her suitcase but she said no. :(

denise ippolito
08-07-2009, 08:55 PM
Thankyou Akos, I appreciate your kind words. I wish you could have gone-I hear it's beautiful land.

Gus Cobos
08-07-2009, 10:04 PM
Love your poem Lady Denise...the beautiful husky transports you there...I'm feeling the ice cold wind already...:eek::D:):cool:...well done...:)

denise ippolito
08-07-2009, 10:55 PM
Gus, Thankyou so much for your kind words. I appreciate the support!!:):D

Ákos Lumnitzer
08-08-2009, 04:56 AM
One day. It's on the cards for one day, sometime in the future hopefully. Say within the next 10 years. Just gotta get my big glass first.

Julie Kenward
08-09-2009, 03:28 PM
Beautiful image and poem, Denise. I, too, dream of Alaska (and of some really big glass, Akos!) You stirred that up in me again with this image and these words.

denise ippolito
08-09-2009, 03:48 PM
Thankyou for your kind words. Someday maybe we'll all get a chance to go!!!

John Ippolito
08-09-2009, 05:33 PM
Denise,
The writing is beautiful and stirring, and together with the image of the husky, conjures up Keewatin(the north wind or blizzard in Cree) Very well done!
We could use more people like you! People who revel in the splendor of our wild landscapes and wildlife. In a world rife with overdevelopment and exploitation of vanishing wild places, Alaska's current, abundant real wilderness is its greatest treasure, and if we are all very lucky it will be its greatest legacy.
When you are ready to make the trip, we would be delighted to assist you with any planning, logistics, personal guiding, or advice you may need.

denise ippolito
08-09-2009, 07:54 PM
Keewatin, It just sounds beautiful!! You know when I make the trip I will visit Richard Proenneke's cabin at Twin Lakes. I would love to hike the back-country and see Alaska for it's true beauty. I would love and appreciate any advice or suggestions you may have and I will definitely ask you for help when I'm ready. Thankyou so much for you kind words and I look forward to seeing your wilderness soon!!!

nancy hazen
01-13-2011, 12:30 AM
Denise, this is a beautiful image and fits Alaska so well!
Nancy