08-07-2009, 08:46 AM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2590/3798264758_da104a6547_o.jpg

5d Mark II
24-105L at 32mm
9 vertical stitches
1/30
ISO 100
f/16

Taken from atop Airport Mesa. This is the best spot to get a full panorama of the town.

Rich Ikerd
08-07-2009, 03:01 PM
Again with the wonderful skies Michael! Not sure this one works for me as much as your previous post - seems to be a bit too much of "emptiness" on the left. And with the wider perspective, I think you've lost more of the character of the red rocks in the distance than you gained with perspective. Now from a technical aspect, you've got seamless stitching and beautiful color control.

Michael Pancier
08-07-2009, 03:20 PM
Again with the wonderful skies Michael! Not sure this one works for me as much as your previous post - seems to be a bit too much of "emptiness" on the left. And with the wider perspective, I think you've lost more of the character of the red rocks in the distance than you gained with perspective. Now from a technical aspect, you've got seamless stitching and beautiful color control.

I guess I can try cropping from the left. do want to leave road in though. I'll try to pump up the background rocks and see if it helps. thanks.

Roman Kurywczak
08-07-2009, 08:33 PM
Hey Michael,
I'm actually OK with the left side as the road leads us into the frame. Wish it wasn't a road but something else....but it still works for me as it conveys the sense of Sedona very well. Do agree with boosting the distant Mtns(maybe just a bit of contrast there).....and for those who haven't been there.....Yes it's that red! Really nice job with the stitch too...well done!

Robert Amoruso
08-09-2009, 07:20 AM
Yes it is that red and I have been there. My points covered above Michael.

Kyle Marie Barcelos
08-09-2009, 09:20 AM
Beautiful color. I like the road also on the left, just wish the cars didn't park there. The sky is awesome. Great job. :)