PDA

View Full Version : GBH, before and after

Fabs Forns
02-07-2008, 07:26 PM
Here's the original, out of the camera, sensor dust and all :)

Clarity added at conversion (midtone contrast) and converted more or less as is.
Cropped and cleaned dust. Added Nik Color Efex dual color filter for some interesting light and sharpened after resizing.

Fabs Forns
02-07-2008, 07:27 PM
Here's the after:

Harold Davis
02-07-2008, 07:34 PM
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i've been waiting for this. that is FANTASTIC!! I need class!!

Richard Kowalski
02-07-2008, 07:43 PM
Hi Fabs.

I think the graduated colors filter adds interest to the image, but I'm not crazy about the changes in the coloring of the bird. I might suggest selecting the bird and removing the added colors of the filter so it has it's natural coloration, if that is possible.

Fabs Forns
02-07-2008, 08:04 PM
Hi Fabs.

I think the graduated colors filter adds interest to the image, but I'm not crazy about the changes in the coloring of the bird. I might suggest selecting the bird and removing the added colors of the filter so it has it's natural coloration, if that is possible.

Yes, you could do that, but the different temperature would look odd. You can also control how much of the effect you want on the program itself or lowering the opacity of the new layer. I sort of like extreme effects, but that is totally personal taste.

Harold Davis
02-08-2008, 09:54 AM
i think it gives it a dreamy feel. and the different temperature on the bird would take that away.

Blake Shadle
02-08-2008, 02:52 PM
Definitely out of the box, Fabs. Good info on the process. I think I have this same bird and composition, except he was looking left, and I had the negative space off to the left as well :)