PDA

View Full Version : Over The Rock

Daniel Belasco
08-07-2009, 01:56 AM
It's amazing how much a Little Green Heron can stretch it's neck.
I guess the little fish thought he could hide on the other side of the rock? Wrong!

canon 1dMIIN 500mm f4 IS @ f7.1 1/1000sec iso 800

http://newimages.fotopic.net/?iid=yzp8z3&outx=600&noresize=1&nostamp=1

Ryan Lambert
08-07-2009, 02:27 AM
Super action captured here Daniel, the image appears a tad soft and I would do some CW rotation here to get the horizon Straight. well done on getting the image...

Kiran Poonacha
08-07-2009, 02:37 AM
Agree with the CW rotation, a very personal choice of cloning out the rock in the centre as it distracts you from the action.. But great timing.. the water droplets and raised foot add very well to the action.. loved it.. congrats..

Ákos Lumnitzer
08-07-2009, 05:05 AM
Agreed about CW rotation. Great action Daniel congrats! Your best image to date, I think! :)

Art Peslak
08-07-2009, 06:24 AM
Nice action shot taken at the decisive moment although I agree that it appears a bit soft to me.

Kaustubh Deshpande
08-07-2009, 11:16 AM
Love green herons. Considering how far they stretch their necks, you did a wonderful job of anticipating and framing correctly. I have missed a few shots because I underestimated their reach. Hope to get one like this.

I think there is a magenta cast.

Mital Patel
08-07-2009, 11:56 AM
lovely action taken,,, still i wish to avoid the reflection as it dosent give much prominent and adding more space on top may give better attention to main bird action.

Daniel Cadieux
08-07-2009, 02:20 PM
Love the action, love the water, and love the reflection - but too bad there is a branch floating across the reflection. The raising foot is way cool, and balances nicely with the water drops flying at the other end! Definitely needs CW rotation, and a small amount of sharpening. I would also make the pupil darker.

WIlliam Maroldo
08-07-2009, 06:14 PM
Very good image! Colors, subject, action, splash, reflection all extraordinary. I agree on the CW rotation, and I think the branch floating across is slightly detrimental, and fortunately its position makes it pretty easy to remove with a well applied clone brush(if your ethics permit, of course). Noise was well controlled at ISO 800, which makes me think the may have been slightly overexposed originally(good).
Composition is good as well, though I would personnally like a little more room around the subject. According to rules of compositional symmetry, the dividing of the image with subject/top, reflection/bottom is precisely carried out here, and I would say an excellent choice.
regards~Bill