PDA

View Full Version : Storm Coming In

Erik Anderson
08-06-2009, 08:12 PM
Well, here is my next attempt. Sorry I don't have much shooting information--as best I can recall, this was taken with my Olympus 510 and a Panasonic/Leica 14-50mm this fall just outside of Modesto, CA. Hope you like it, and give me the straight c&c. Erik

Kyle Marie Barcelos
08-07-2009, 07:28 AM
Beautiful sky, I'm just not like the FG with the house and cars in the way, Try finding new spots be creative. Keep up the good work :)

Roman Kurywczak
08-07-2009, 01:48 PM
Hi Erik,
Are these jpegs or RAW images......the reason I ask is then you have more leeway in correcting for the highlights.....as is.....you may be able to get rid of some of the brighter ones using the highlight tool is PS. I prefer my silhouettes totally black......so you can eliminate the house and cars by just making an adjustment layer and using the black slider to get them dark. I'm not sure if it was possible.....but getting lower and closer to the tree....may have allowed you to get more of the branches in the sky and eliminate more of the distracting FG elements. Don't forget that skyscapes can be interesting on their own but it is not always as easy as it sounds......you still need interesting patterns and forms. When photographing silhouette scenes like this....look at the shapes of the FG elements and disregard the colors......those shapes will determine whether the image is succesful.