PDA

View Full Version : Offering to the Sun Gods

Michael Lloyd
08-06-2009, 07:57 PM
This is a wide angle (14mm) shot of the sunflower field that I shot and posted on this forum the other day. Its kind of a little oasis in the middle of some not-so-oasis-y stuff.

I was standing on the top of a cooler in the back of my truck that I pulled up close to the fence. Another guy stopped and was shooting them with is point and shoot for his wife. I let him climb on the cooler :D and get a few from there...

One thing about the 14mm lens... it's hard to keep your toes and ears out of the frame :D

Gus Cobos
08-06-2009, 08:29 PM
Love the perspective Michael...I can see your shadow...way too cool...:cool:

Alfred Forns
08-06-2009, 09:03 PM
Love that lens Lots of saturation and corners look excellent

Sunflower fields sure look special !!

Michael Lloyd
08-07-2009, 03:57 PM
Thanks Gus.

The 14mm II lens is a great wide angle lens Alfred

denise ippolito
08-07-2009, 04:39 PM
OMG!!That is a sunflower field!! I never saw that many sunflowers-just amazing. TFS. I love the shadow -it does look like an offering to the Gods!!

Michael Lloyd
08-07-2009, 10:24 PM
Denise,

It's an amazing site. Especially considering where it's located. The area is more known for rundown oilfield equipment, sagebrush, and rocks than sunflowers.. Oddly enough, there's a large pecan tree orchard (irrigated) about 3 or 4 miles south. If you use Google Earth, check out Coyanosa, TX... The field is about ??? maybe a mile to the north... It probably won't show up on GE :D but you'll see what the area looks like...

denise ippolito
08-08-2009, 07:07 AM
Thanks Michael. I'll give it a look!!

Ákos Lumnitzer
08-11-2009, 12:58 AM
Boy, I echo Denise's comments. I never even saw a field of these flowers, let alone a spectacle as incredible as this. It has such a gorgeous atmosphere. Thanks for sharing. :)

Juan Carlos Vindas
08-15-2009, 09:08 PM
Beautiful plantation. Yes, I can see you there! ha ha ha! good idea with the cooler!