PDA

View Full Version : Along Sweet Creek

Rich Ikerd
08-06-2009, 10:02 AM
Along Sweet Creek #1, Mapleton, Oregon
D2X, 24-70mm @ 52mm; f/10 @ 1/3 sec, iso 200

This small creek outside of Florence, Oregon is a photographer's wonderland. Small waterfalls along along about a 1.5 mile trail with easy access to the river for most of the way. And with Oregon's almost constantly overcast skies, the lighting is just about perfect almost any time of dayl

Kyle Marie Barcelos
08-06-2009, 11:27 AM
Beautiful waterfall, I think the picture is great i just feel the greens are a little too green for me. nice job :)

Roman Kurywczak
08-06-2009, 12:25 PM
Hey Rich,
We used to use Velvia for those greens.....so I am OK with them.....but Kyle does bring up a nice point......not for everyones tastes. I like the way you used the rocks to frame the left side and the way the RH side balances it nicely. Nice job on the water SS also and the way you minimized the distance between the main cascades and the lower ones.....they lead us nicely through the frame. Very well done!

Gerald_Gilligan
08-06-2009, 08:12 PM
Rich,
Well handled exposure here for me...The composition is great too...
I must admit that I want to see more water on the right lower corner as my eye is searching for a little more emphasis here, maybe this is creates some visual tension for me and that is why it works!

I hope that you worked the scene as the upper falls have other visual opportunities. I would like to see more.

Jerry

Michael Pancier
08-07-2009, 02:04 PM
Can't get over the lushness of this image. Beautiful!

Morkel Erasmus
08-07-2009, 10:05 PM
lovely waterfall with serene flow. I would desaturate greens just a tad. overall I like the comp and details!

Rich Ikerd
08-09-2009, 08:25 AM
Thanks guys. I'll work on the greens a bit, but from what I can remember they were very very lush.