PDA

View Full Version : "Natural Curl"

Gus Cobos
08-06-2009, 05:10 AM
“Natural Curl”

This lovely lady was painted with a Nikon D3, using a Nikkor 200mm f/4 IF-ED macro lens, with a 12mm extension tube.

Image Solution:
focal length @ 200mm / exposure mode @ aperture priority / in camera matrix metering / 1/125sec. - f/22 / exposure comp @ 0EV / ISO @ 640/ white balance @ custom profile using an Expo disc for color balance / AF - Mode @ manual / color space @ sRGB / lighting solution – ambient light / tone comp @ +2 degrees / hue adjustment @ +2 degrees / saturation factor @ +3 degrees / support platform - tripod assist, with macro focusing rail and remote electronic trigger release.

Comments greatly appreciated...:cool:

CliveTonge
08-06-2009, 07:19 AM
Hi Gus,
Wonderful, simple with beautiful colours. I am finding myself just pulled in by the line of sharpness that runs from the bottom right up and around the ring. If you ever do a talk on lenses you can use this as an example of buttery smooth bokeh. :)

I would like to take out the slight imperfections at about ten o"clock. It may reduce the reality of the image but it feels a bit surreal to me to begin with.

Thank you for sharing,
Clive

denise ippolito
08-06-2009, 11:01 AM
Beautiful Gus, Simple and elegant!! Lighting looks great!!

Alfred Forns
08-06-2009, 12:51 PM
Neat looking and peculiar If anything would like seeing a little more to the right? No clue how you come up with these beauties !!! Love it !!

Harold Davis
08-06-2009, 04:35 PM
my first thought was just a little more to the right. that leaf in the bg makes it just perfect! another sweet one, gus!!!

Lance Peters
08-06-2009, 04:54 PM
Hi Gus - another beauty - love the swirl and the colours.Gorgeous.

Bob Miller
08-06-2009, 10:10 PM
Another beauty! Love your work!