PDA

View Full Version : Sunset on Mirror lake

Nick Palmieri
08-04-2009, 04:23 PM
I really liked this image that I came upon while driving along Mirror Lake in Lake Placid NY. The sun was about to set ,and the back-lit woman was perfect. Canon 24-105mm at 33mm, ISO 200, 1/60. f/16. I thought it was a great image but a bit disappointed after processing (colors..too much yellow??, buildings on the shoreline should they be less visible??. Opinions and recommendations greatly appreciated.

Harold Davis
08-04-2009, 05:18 PM
i like the scene too. you could warm it up a little if you dont like the yellow. the lens flare over the bench is a little distracting. as far as the buildings on the other side, i'd just darken them to make them not visible. i might add another round of sharpening too. this has lots of possibilities. just play around with it til you like it.

Bob Miller
08-04-2009, 07:21 PM
Hi Nick...I like the overall mood of the scene and see why you stopped to photograph it. I would recommend that you try to bring out a tad more detail in the woman on the bench. it might be worthg trying a highlight / shadow adjustment layer and mask. As far as the color you might consider using one of the photofilters in PS to warm the colors or even change them

Kerry Perkins
08-04-2009, 08:42 PM
Hi Nick. This was a tough one but I like the overall feel and capture. Might try to bring the colors more toward the blue side of things. Highlights in the water are a tad over in the red and green channels. Could they be toned down a bit? Nice capture of the moment!!

Ron Boisvert
08-04-2009, 09:54 PM
Hi Nick, I can see why you stopped to shoot this image. I agree with Harold, Bob, and Kerry, and think that you can make the suggested adjustments to make this image even better, keeping in mind that this is a super-high contrast image. I think you may want to go back to your raw converter to start with. Keep them coming!!

Lance Peters
08-05-2009, 04:11 AM
hi Nick - all good advice above - just a matter of personal taste.

Keep em coming.

Gus Cobos
08-05-2009, 05:27 AM
HI Nick,
I like the composition and capture...good advise given, but I too think that its a matter of taste...looking forward to your next one...:cool:

Alfred Forns
08-05-2009, 02:55 PM
I like the commnets Main thing is you got the person in the bench just perfect. I like the little rimlight and just enough detail Might want just a little more room for the bench

On the shore just darken as suggested and sharpen the outline of the trees When crisp they tend to look better !!!