PDA

View Full Version : "Cotton"

Milan V
08-04-2009, 03:50 PM
Broad-leaved cottongrass Eriophorum latifolium

Canon 40D, Canon 100mm macro, ISO 400, 1/160, f11, +0.3, tripod
PP: no crop, colours, sharpness, noice reduction.

Have also some versions in landscape orientation and without "flowers" in the bg.

http://www.pbase.com/milv/image/113370119.jpg

All the best!
Milan

Ramesh Adkoli
08-04-2009, 10:43 PM
Milan,

Nice composition and good exposure. It is very easy to blowup those white strands. A slightly darker BG could have added more contrast and appeal to the image. It looks like the image was taken when the sun was high. Earlier or later in the day will add more depth to it. You might want to try that.

TFS.

regards,
ramesh

Dave Leroy
08-04-2009, 10:53 PM
Nicely done Milan. I like the dof. It works very well with other plants in bg. Dave

Bob Allen
08-05-2009, 08:32 AM
Nice. Good job holding back the whites. I like the green bg tones as-is. If you want to try Ramesh's suggestion without reshooting, you can try adjusting it with Curves and/or Contrast. I've never seen this species of sedge before.

Mike Moats
08-05-2009, 03:34 PM
Hey Milan, as mentioned great job on the whites, good details and like the wash of white in the BG. Well done.

Anita Bower
08-06-2009, 09:35 AM
Very nice image. I like the out of focus flowers in the BG. I like the composition and how the tassles hang down in different didrections.

Ed Vatza
08-06-2009, 10:31 AM
Very nice composition. I like the way the stem comes in from the bottom right, sweeps up with the white descending back down to almost the starting point. Makes for good (interesting) eye movement in the frame.

Kyle Marie Barcelos
08-06-2009, 01:49 PM
I never saw cotton before, nice picture. I really like the comp and the cotton in the BG looks nice give you an idea of the field there in. good job :)

Roman Kurywczak
08-07-2009, 01:53 PM
Hi Milan,
I think the vert presentation was the way to go just because of the sweeping flow of the "cotton" flower. I may have preferred this without the top sweeping one or if it had a bit of seperation from the rest of the cluster......but youhandled the whites very well and I really like that you showed just a hint of the OOF blooms in the BG. Nicely done!