PDA

View Full Version : Theme: Cowboy Horse

Christopher Miller
08-04-2009, 02:01 PM
Been rather dry of ideas for this theme. It's pretty hard to come up with western themed images when you live in the northeast. I did find this old image though that I believe fits the theme. This horse was actually at a civil war reenactment, but I think it could just as easily be a cowboy's horse out west. I added a hue/saturation layer and vignette to give it the feel of an old photo. I also added a tiny bit of motion blur. Any C&C are welcome!

Dave Mills
08-04-2009, 02:51 PM
Hi Christopher, I think you succeeded with the effect and feel you wanted in the image. I like how you used the sepia and vignette. Has a real old photo feel with a nice comp. Good job!

Cindy Cone
08-04-2009, 04:06 PM
Looks like a cowboy horse to me! I think you were very effective in creating the old photo feel. Looks like just the right amount of vignetting.

denise ippolito
08-04-2009, 04:19 PM
Christopher, You are becoming a master at the "old photo" feel. The use of the vignette is well done. Very cowboy feel indeed!!

Cheryl Slechta
08-04-2009, 06:06 PM
Christopher - I love the "old photo" look also. It works really well with this week's theme. I'm pretty sure this
was Wyatt Earp's horse;)

Ákos Lumnitzer
08-04-2009, 06:06 PM
Looks great and it appears so old and grainy. Well done mate! Love it.

Dave Phillips
08-04-2009, 06:26 PM
like it....hey I live in Louisiana, not much better for western week here either Chris.
Just for fun, try a bit of monochromatic noise

Christopher Miller
08-04-2009, 07:41 PM
Thanks everyone! I'm glad you all like this! :)