White balance: Cloudy
Flash: Off

Blended 3 shots and used ND8
CS3 to blend
All comments and crits welcome and appreciated

Roman Kurywczak
08-04-2009, 10:06 AM
Hi Kobus,
To me this one lacks some of the pop of the previous wreck posts. Compositionally this is pretty strong with the FG rock as an anchor point and all the leading lines leading to the wreck. I may have preferred the rock a little higher in the frame but I think the biggest thing with this image is the larger expanse of the grey cloud. It doesn't have a lot of texture and depth so it makes the overall scene appear a bit flat. The right 1/3 of the sky does have that....and that is what keeps drawing my eye away from the rest of the scene. It just doesn't have enough depth to the tones to carry it......but it does bring up an interesting possibility....try converting to B&W and see if you can tweak out some more depth to those tonal values.

Kobus Tollig
08-04-2009, 10:28 AM
Thx Roman appreiciate the honnest comment. B&W does not work for me i tried it. I made some changes to it. Hope you like it more

Ramesh Adkoli
08-04-2009, 10:25 PM
Kobus, i liked the second post better. Eyes are easily drawn from the FG rocks through to the wreck and clouds on the RHS and stop. IMO, cropping the top to remove the dark clouds would make it a stonger image. TFS.

regards,
ramesh

Kobus Tollig
08-05-2009, 04:53 AM
RAmesh thx for the comment. Is this what you had in mind

Ramesh Adkoli
08-05-2009, 05:12 AM
Exactly. Thanks for the repost. This looks great to me.

regards,
ramesh

Roman Kurywczak
08-05-2009, 08:52 AM
I think you could put a bit more sky back. Nice job on the re-work....I used it for the crop. I did play with a crop off the left too....about 1/2 inch (high spot of black rocks in middle ground in line with wreck).....but like full size better......you may want to explore that for yourself.

Roman Kurywczak
08-05-2009, 08:57 AM
Hey Kobus,
Sorry....but I just looked at it again......I did take off the left and proportionally off the top. You brought out enough depth in the grey part that just this smaller proportional crop now seems best to me. Let me know your thoughts.

Kobus Tollig
08-05-2009, 01:50 PM
Roman the last one seems the best imo

Roman Kurywczak
08-05-2009, 02:42 PM
Hi Kobus,
I agree.....kept most of the original too! Do give the levels layer a try on some of the lighter clouds on the left side and top(only in the darkest grey area).....will give even more depth to the cloud.

Kobus Tollig
08-11-2009, 02:33 PM
Thx Ramon will give it a go. Appreciate all your comments