PDA

View Full Version : Theme, Cowboy-up, Two boots and a shoe

Dan Brown
08-04-2009, 08:06 AM
This is a repost from a year ago but it is with theme! I had applied a Seeram illustration action to the first post and have added some Topaz Clean2 to this one. C&C welcome.

denise ippolito
08-04-2009, 08:19 AM
Dan, Really neat looking theme image!! I like the black BG and the way the boots are leaning! I think the treatment makes it interesting. I'm thinking a very small slice off the bottom.Well done.

Cindy Cone
08-04-2009, 08:50 AM
Great image for this week, Dan. Good use of the effects. I think I agree with Denise about a little off the bottom.

Dave Mills
08-04-2009, 11:03 AM
Dan, Good western image with a nice use of the filter.Agree with Denise regarding the crop and I would go a bit further and prefer a crop on the left right up to the wood also.

Ákos Lumnitzer
08-04-2009, 04:24 PM
This is really neat! I love the treatment! If I'd crop, I'd do that from where the black line is between the boards and have the line coming out of the LRC. Just a thought Sir,.

Mark Fuge
08-04-2009, 04:49 PM
Hi Dan,

Like the image, but agree with the crop option. I think cropping at the post and to the right end of the shadow line, below the step, would help. Just a suggestion as usual.

Your image, your vision.

I do like the image and it's definately Cowboy! (or could be Cowgirl, but that isn't our theme this week!) ;) :D

Jackie Schuknecht
08-04-2009, 05:39 PM
I remember this shot Dan, and really like the original too. Like Mark's crop putting more focus on the shoes. Nice graphic quality to the image.

Cheryl Slechta
08-04-2009, 05:57 PM
Dan - great image for this theme. I agree with Jackie that Mark's crop focuses on the boots more.:)

Dave Phillips
08-04-2009, 06:30 PM
good one Dan....interestingly my first impression was to crop a bit off the bottom.
And I'm usually the non-conformist. Mark's suggested crop looks nice

Dan Brown
08-04-2009, 07:09 PM
Thanks all for the comments and suggestions. I like Mark's crop, focusing on the footwear more, but I liked seeing lots of the wood grain also. Thanks Mark for taking the time on the crop.

Gus Cobos
08-05-2009, 01:20 PM
I remember this one Dan...excellent use of application...I love the original one...:D:cool: