PDA

View Full Version : Crested Lark

A_Maddah
08-04-2009, 07:32 AM
http://www.picbaran.com/files/5lfpqd9c9z7slxao7vkg.jpg

D300-Sigma 150-500@500mm-f 7.1-Iso 320-1/200 Sec

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CMaddah%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmso html1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; text-align:right; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; direction:rtl; unicode-bidi:embed; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:612.0pt 792.0pt; margin:72.0pt 90.0pt 72.0pt 90.0pt; mso-header-margin:36.0pt; mso-footer-margin:36.0pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->Thanks for looking and Comments

Asad

Mital Patel
08-04-2009, 07:53 AM
nice ground level shot Asad. But i feel that there is some blue cast and lack of sharpness on the feather. is this too close crop ?

A_Maddah
08-04-2009, 08:10 AM
nice ground level shot Asad. But i feel that there is some blue cast and lack of sharpness on the feather. is this too close crop ?
Hi mitalpatel.
thanks for Comments .low sharpness is on resize.where is riverside and stone are color .this image teken after spate .stones are clear and color after spate.
crop
http://www.picbaran.com/files/siq1vrvfxaeuxb84dtvf.jpg

Asad

Brian Barcelos
08-04-2009, 09:05 AM
Nice BG and head turn. Good job getting really low at him. The sharpness does look funny and I'm wondering if maybe it's just over sharpened.

Brian

Brian Zwiebel
08-04-2009, 09:10 AM
Asad, I guess there is plenty of detail in there! Impossible to hold that detail at the web viewing size. I like the over the shoulder view with nice head angle and low shooting angle. I can't help but feel something in post processing is hurting this one a little. Sorry, I can't put my finger on it.

Good Shooting!

BZ

A_Maddah
08-04-2009, 09:33 AM
Nice BG and head turn. Good job getting really low at him. The sharpness does look funny and I'm wondering if maybe it's just over sharpened.

Brian
Hi brian.
thanks for Comments .This is oreginal shot (NEF) that is resize.no Edit

http://www.picbaran.com/files/pva2wax8s3dsaue3jgcm.jpg

arash_hazeghi
08-04-2009, 02:56 PM
Hi Asad,
Nice pose, the stones add to the image, I guess a warmer overall tone is more pleasing to the viewer although it may not reflect the actual scene. I agree there is plenty of detail in the NEF, but with proper resizing and sharpen in post you should still get better sharpness/detail. Try a different sharpening setting, for example resize in Photoshop using bicubic method and then apply (80,0.5,0) USM.

Great shot, keep 'em coming.

Kaustubh Deshpande
08-04-2009, 04:07 PM
Beautiful low angle. I also think you need to sharpen it differently. I usually select the bird using quick-selection and refine edge. and then use 200(or 300), 0.2 (or 0.3), 0 setting in USM. And I always do it after resizing.

A_Maddah
08-05-2009, 02:43 AM
Hi
Arash jan and Kaustubh
Thanks for Comments

Asad

Arthur Morris
08-05-2009, 07:41 PM
Hi Asad, I like the low angle. See my comments on head angle with the bird angled away by scrolling down here: http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=42740

Arthur Morris
08-05-2009, 07:43 PM
As far as the sharpness issues: with sharpest focus on the eye and the bird angled away, it would seem that the near-wing would be lacking detail as a result of a shallow d-o-f.

A_Maddah
08-06-2009, 06:37 AM
As far as the sharpness issues: with sharpest focus on the eye and the bird angled away, it would seem that the near-wing would be lacking detail as a result of a shallow d-o-f.
Hi mr.Morris
Thank you for comments.I heed your <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CMaddah%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmso html1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; text-align:right; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; direction:rtl; unicode-bidi:embed; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:612.0pt 792.0pt; margin:72.0pt 90.0pt 72.0pt 90.0pt; mso-header-margin:36.0pt; mso-footer-margin:36.0pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->suggestions in the photography of wildlife next.

Asad

Arthur Morris
08-06-2009, 08:07 AM
YAW. How is your lovely daughter doing?

A_Maddah
08-06-2009, 02:48 PM
Hi Mr Morris.
Oh oh oh !!!she is very talkative and sugary!!!!she is realy lovely daughter.
Thank you Mr morris