PDA

View Full Version : Theme: Historic South Pass

Cindy Cone
08-03-2009, 10:11 PM
This is a historic "ghost" town near Lander, Wyoming. No cowboys shown here, but they used to hang out here. I used a variety of Topaz simplify with CS4 filters, and de-saturated a bit. I can't decide if I like it with the saturation boosted or even more subtle than this. I'd like a little more room to the left, but didn't take time to add any canvas. After the various effects used, some of the clouds look blown out, but I decided to leave them alone for OOTB.
Thanks for looking.

Dave Mills
08-03-2009, 10:23 PM
Hi Cindy,Good choice for a western scene. I like your basic comp and the rich colors within the image.I think part of the solution to your stated needs would be to eliminate the white vignette.The vignette is touching the wheel on the left and blowing out the rim of clouds on top. By doing that it would give you more room on the left and no blown out clouds...

Ákos Lumnitzer
08-04-2009, 12:23 AM
Agree with Dave re. vignette. What a grand scene though and your careful use of filters makes this very appealing. Thanks for sharing. :)

denise ippolito
08-04-2009, 06:16 AM
Cindy, Your wagon looks fantastic! I like the overall scene very much! Wyoming is a really nice place. I agree the vignette could be removed but I do like the idea of it and understand why you wanted it.

This is exactly what the theme is about!!

Cindy Cone
08-04-2009, 07:49 AM
Thanks for your comments, everyone. The removal of the vignetting does seem like an obvious fix, doesn't it?

I did like the vignetting, though, and got "stuck" on it. That's why these forums are so great- it helps get one "unstuck". I'll try a repost later on.

Dan Brown
08-04-2009, 08:13 AM
Very nice Cindy! I agree with the vignette. If you could move the wagon to the right, this would be much more pleasing.

Cheryl Slechta
08-04-2009, 05:52 PM
Cindy, great image - it has a three dimensional feel to it and is perfect for the theme this week. I agree with
the other comments about the vignette. I love the colors:)

Christopher Miller
08-04-2009, 06:56 PM
Great scene, Cindy! Love the colors and feel.

Jackie Schuknecht
08-07-2009, 04:28 PM
Cindy I like your colours and vista. I wonder what it might have looked like with you wagaon on an angle using a wide angle lens. Agree about the vignette just because it is cutting off part of the wheels.