PDA

View Full Version : Sentinal Pine Covered Bridge

joel quenneville
08-03-2009, 10:10 PM
This covered bridge is in Franconia Notch State Park in New Hampshire. This image was made right after a thunder shower. This is a three shot HDR merged using Photomatix Pro.

1/8s
f/13,f/18, f/25 (I realize this is not the ideal setting to use as a variable for HDR but I wanted a constant shutter speed for my silky falls)
ISO 200
Nikon D300
Nikkor 18-70 @ 50mm

Dave Mills
08-03-2009, 10:29 PM
Hey Joel, nicely composed image. I like the fact that both sides are not evenly divided and I can see some detail in the water. I also like the mist in the backround...

Roman Kurywczak
08-04-2009, 09:58 AM
Hey Joel,
You have a nice leading line with the river and like Dave I also like the mist and the way the greenery envelops the river. The bridge is also placed very nicely in the comp. I am not always the biggest fan of HDR and you have pushed the look as far as I tend to like it......has a sort of dreamlike quality to it... which I find very appealing. You may want to consider patching the brightest area at the top center......but that is very minor and doesn't detract enough from the overal scene to be much of an impact......just food for thought. Very nicely done.

Rich Ikerd
08-06-2009, 09:40 AM
Like what you've done here Joel. The leading lines of the river and the offset composition of the bridge give the image a great deal of interest. You've done a good job with the HDR - showing a good dynamic range for the circumstances without going overboard. Nicely done!

Ben Egbert
08-08-2009, 11:05 AM
Very good HDR and a very nice image. I am amazed that you avoided subject motion with this. The water flow came out perfect and I don't see any foliage blur either.