PDA

View Full Version : A Simple Fuchsia

Ed Cordes
08-03-2009, 09:47 PM
I find Fuchsia hard to photograph as they are always surrounded by so much busyness. I decided to isolate one bloom. the BG is my back yard in late afternoon.

40D with 300 f4 and 20mm extension tube. Evaluative metering with ISO 400 and EV + 1/3 and f8 with 1/125 hand held (carefully). Cropped a bit for composition.

Thanks for looking. C&C welcome.

Beth Goffe
08-03-2009, 10:18 PM
This flower is such a beautiful color and sits on the background beautifully. I have a feeling you cropped the top for a specific reason (too busy, maybe?) but I think I would prefer to see more of the leaves, particularly the one at the back left. I like how the color of your signature matches the fuchsia. :)

Markus Jais
08-04-2009, 01:20 AM
Beautiful light and colors. Great BG. A really beautiful shot.
The only minor thing is that I wish the flower in the upper right corner were a little away from the edge of the image.

Markus

Desmond Chan
08-04-2009, 02:29 AM
I wish the flower in the upper right corner were a little away from the edge of the image.

I second that and also add that I would suggest removing that magenta little spot (part of another flower close-by?) at the top right hand corner.

Milan V
08-04-2009, 09:02 AM
Agree with Desmond. A closer look just on flower will be also great.

Roman Kurywczak
08-04-2009, 02:21 PM
He Ed,
Agree with all above. Will ask; is it your fuscia? Yes; revisit this with a pair of tiny scissors and cut away offending blooms and leaves. Just make sure when you are done pruning you don't get any of the ugly nubs in the image. You will be amazed at what a little grooming will do.

Mike Moats
08-05-2009, 03:40 PM
Hey Ed, the flower really pops against the nice looking color of the BG. Agree with other on the bud in the top right corner, I would clone it out.