PDA

View Full Version : My Eyes are bigger than my Bill

David Kennedy
02-07-2008, 02:05 PM
Anhinga Trail almost exactly one year ago. Thing Great Blue thought that he would be able to get this fish down. He never did. He spent about 40 minutes trying to fit it down his bill, and ultimately gave up, after the fish had long since finished twitching. It was a sight!!!!

Alfred Forns
02-07-2008, 02:32 PM
David it looks like a large mouth bass !!!!!! Good size Sunday a GBH caught a fish before sun up He tried for more than two hours before giving up It was also large but not as big as this one !!!

I like the little wave up front Did he just landed? I like this a lot !!!!

David Kennedy
02-07-2008, 02:40 PM
How funny--it's probably the same bird and he hasn't learned over the past year to select smaller portions for his meals :)

And yes, he dove right into the water and I turned around and snapped a few as soon as I heard him. I was hoping he would pose with it, but he went back to the other side of the creek at Anhinga Trail and was very, very close to his background. But hey, at least I have this for "show and tell."

Blake Shadle
02-07-2008, 03:52 PM
:eek: Definitely a large mouth bass!! That has to be at least a 4lb bass, a good catch in a tournament ;) Great image, David.

David Kennedy
02-07-2008, 05:09 PM
Hah! if only he could enter fishing competitions :)
This was the view I was talking about--I thought he might slow down so I could take his portrait, but all he would let me do is get this snapshot. Poor fish was killed for nothing!

Harold Davis
02-07-2008, 05:42 PM
that's funny.....you'd think they would know better!!!

Fabs Forns
02-07-2008, 06:14 PM
Hehehehe, I wonder if he was able to eat it....

Judy Lynn Malloch
02-07-2008, 07:59 PM
Wow !!!! What a great catch for you both. Awesome image David. What a diappointment for the GBH to be so close to getting dinner and then not be able to swallow it.

Maxis Gamez
02-07-2008, 08:20 PM
Good lord!!! Huge!!

Robert Amoruso
02-08-2008, 12:13 AM
They are good fishermen.