PDA

View Full Version : Watching the World Go By

Ed Vatza
08-03-2009, 01:18 PM
It's Musikfest time in Bethlehem, PA - 10 days and nights of any type of music you can think of, any type of food you could possibly want to eat (think deep-fried anything and whatever you can put on a stick... like scrapple) and loads of beer and other libations (if you can afford the price). Most of the music spread across something like eight venues is free while there is a charge for bigger "name" entertainers at a couple of venues.

Saturday night we spent several hours wandering around just a small area of Musikfest including the area occupied by the artists and artisans. We stopped for a short time to watch this year's featured artisans, a group of African ceremonial drum makers from Ghana. Fascinating work. A little later in the evening, we were shortcutting from one venue to another when we passed behind their tent. They were obviously taking a break and watching the people who would normally be stopping to watch them. I thought it was an interesting perspective so I got down on my knees and made a few images.

Original image made with Canon 30D and 70-200mm f/2.8L IS lens, handheld.

1/25 sec @ f/8.0; ISO 640; 0 EV; FL 70mm

Gus Cobos
08-03-2009, 01:24 PM
I like the perspective Ed,
I like the use of the slower shutter speed giving the crowd a feeling of speed...well done...:cool:

Alfred Forns
08-03-2009, 02:51 PM
Great perspective and well thought out image !!! Love it !!!

Ákos Lumnitzer
08-05-2009, 01:54 AM
Great use of SS Ed. Nice perspective. Thanks for sharing :)