PDA

View Full Version : Crane Pool !!

Alfred Forns
08-02-2009, 06:34 PM
An old image from Bosque This is one of the pools the cranes spend the night and take off in the morning. Normal procedure is to work the main pond then go to then these ponds. All that is needed is the right wind direction for the cranes to take off at least parallel to the road or slightly into !!!

Comments welcome and much appreciated

Canon 1Ds
@ 48 mm
f 14 1/80
ISO 100
Sv Comp not recorded

Gus Cobos
08-02-2009, 06:39 PM
Very nice capture and composition Mr. Forns...I like the crisp clean earth tones and hues...the reflections in the water puts it over the top...:cool:

Jeff Cashdollar
08-02-2009, 09:47 PM
Al,

Fantastic habitat work, tack sharp, natural colors not spoiled by over post production, great image. Great environment shot, thanks for the visit. Like Gus said, "those brown earth tones - wow"!!!

david cramer
08-02-2009, 10:20 PM
Nice composition on this one. I like the pano crop and the reflections. Only a few more months and the cranes will be there.

Ron Boisvert
08-02-2009, 10:25 PM
Hi Al, like Jeff, I appreciate these environmental landscapes; one can really get a sense of place with the wide view. When you say main pond, do you mean the large empoundment inside the reserve? I know this one is on Route 1 before you get to the reserve. Also, if you did this now, would you still choose ISO 100?

I'm glad you decided to post your Bosque images. Your work is helping me to see the great potential for imaging there. Thanks for sharing.

William Malacarne
08-02-2009, 10:39 PM
AL

Colors, reflections and comp are great.....I think it needs about ~1 deg CCW. Also in the sky just above and the right of the middle peaks of the mtns there are a couple of rather large bubbly spots in the sky.

Bill

Bob Miller
08-03-2009, 12:16 AM
Hi Al....The colors and reflections in this scene are really great! But what are those bubbly things in the sky?

Lance Peters
08-03-2009, 02:13 AM
Hi Al - gorgeous hope to get there one day - I see the artifact things in the sky also.
:)

Alfred Forns
08-03-2009, 07:37 AM
Hi Ron Yes the main pond is the one in front of the deck This pond and the one before as you come in we call Ed's Cranepool and Harry's Cranepool !!! ... Artie came up with the names.. big Mets fan and you might remember Ed Kranepool !!!!

If you look a the camera used it was a 1Ds which was a noise machine Image was probably from 2003 or before !!!

Lance don't post many from that camera since I don't like spending "literally" forty minutes cleaning up the dust bunnies :) Might post one straight out just to shock you !!!! Lots of dust at Bosque and we tried cleaning sensors daily ... with the wet system !!!