PDA

View Full Version : Molothrus badius

Diego Ivo Piacenza
08-02-2009, 08:34 AM
This pic was taken yesterday at RECS park(Argentina). I hope you like it.

http://www.diegopiacenza.com/galeria/122_img_2641.jpg

Canon 40D

Sigma 170-500

f 6.3 - 1/1000 - ISO 400

Harshad Barve
08-02-2009, 08:40 AM
Nice cool bird, loved the pose, perfect sharpness, may be cropping some pixels on RHS
TFS

Arthur Morris
08-02-2009, 08:53 AM
Welcome Diego, Thanks for sharing this new species. Do you know the common name?

You did relatively well with what seems like very harsh light. When the bird is facing away, it is best to press the shutter button when the bird's head is square to the imaging sensor.

Last note: It is usually best to point your shadow at the bird, that is, to have the sun coming right over the top of your head.

Diego Ivo Piacenza
08-02-2009, 09:23 AM
Welcome Diego, Thanks for sharing this new species. Do you know the common name?

You did relatively well with what seems like very harsh light. When the bird is facing away, it is best to press the shutter button when the bird's head is square to the imaging sensor.

Last note: It is usually best to point your shadow at the bird, that is, to have the sun coming right over the top of your head.
Thanks for comments!!!. This is a very common specie at Buenos Aires, they

move in large groups and they sing very nice. The common name in argentina is Tordo Músico. Other name is Bay-winged Cowbird.

Thanks for the notes. I will put in use.

Arthur Morris
08-02-2009, 11:36 AM
Ah, Diego, the Bay-winged Cowbird. I should have guessed! Thank you sir. And you are welcome.