PDA

View Full Version : Reply Notifications

Arthur Morris
08-02-2009, 06:00 AM
I had never realized what an important role Reply Notifications play in creating the sense of community that we strive for here at BPN until the end of July when experienced server problems for several days. I subscribe to Instant e-mail Notifications. Reply Notifications allow you to see new comments on threads that you have commented on. They allow for ongoing conversation and discussion. If you do not subscribe to Reply Notifications, you risk ignoring the questions and comments of others and being perceived as rude. For me, not receving Reply Notifications took the fun out of BPN.

To receive Reply Notifications first go to your Control Panel (User CP). Then, in the left-hand colum, click on Eidt Options. The second item is titled Messaging and Notification. Near the middle of that box, you will see this:

Default Thread Subscription Mode

<TABLE cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>When you post a new thread, or reply to a topic, you can choose to automatically add that thread to your list of subscribed threads (http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/subscription.php), with the option to receive email notification of new replies to that thread.</TD></TR><TR><TD><SELECT id=sel_autosubscribe name=autosubscribe> <OPTION value=-1>Do not subscribe</OPTION> <OPTION value=0>No email notification</OPTION> <OPTION value=1 selected>Instant email notification</OPTION> <OPTION value=2>Daily email notification</OPTION> <OPTION value=3>Weekly email notification</OPTION></SELECT> <LABEL for=sel_autosubscribe>Default Thread Subscription Mode:</LABEL> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Click on the drop down menu and select the one of the following that works best for you:

Instant e-mail Notification (works best for me)
Daily e-mail Notification
Weekly e-mail Notification