PDA

View Full Version : Cattle Egret

Ákos Lumnitzer
08-01-2009, 11:40 PM
I keep seeing a flock near my home feeding in the fields. I managed to capture one in flight. Happy, though light was already tough on those whites. :( Thanks for any feedback. :)

30D, 300/4L + 1.4x, ISO400, f/5.6, 1/3200th, HH 80% of original.

Harshad Barve
08-02-2009, 12:54 AM
Nice shot Akos bhai
Loved the wing position and BG , Self crirtiques agreed
TFS

David Fletcher
08-02-2009, 04:40 AM
Nailed this Akos. Lighting was tough as mentioned but you did well with this. Nice one!

Ryan Lambert
08-02-2009, 05:49 AM
Good detail and angle captured here Akos, you handled the exposure well, I would maybe have looked at dropping the ISO to 200 in this light...good one

Stu Bowie
08-02-2009, 06:23 AM
Hi Akos, you have brought out good detail from the underwings, and sharp too. Good control on the whites, and I like the flying posture. Well captured mate.

Morkel Erasmus
08-02-2009, 08:33 AM
Akos, bro, very nice flight posture with great exposure of wing feathers.
wanted to say the body whites were blown but checked them in PS first ;) they're fine, though you can see the light was harsh. lovely sky colour to boot!

Kiran Poonacha
08-02-2009, 12:37 PM
Cool Bhai... Loved the Image, nice details and clear blue sky makes it.. the white on the body looks blown though.. But More than the image, I still cant get over your avathar change.. you look like a Very good boy and a very well behaved boy. its too clean IMO:D dirty yourself a bit

Ákos Lumnitzer
08-02-2009, 04:27 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys. I also now check most images in Photoshop before mentioning hot whites. :)

Kiran, the light is/was harsh, but there are no hot spots in the whites. May look that way when compressed to a jpeg though. Stop teasing me bhai about my look!!! ;) I AM a good and well-behaved boy. (yeah, right)

Lorant Voros
08-02-2009, 08:12 PM
Szia Akos,

It is indeed tough to get the whites right as it's been mentioned above. Well done as always. As far as you trying to sell yourself as a well behaved boy....I don't believe in the avatar image of a Photoshop expert such as yourself. Im sure you edited it and checked the blown spots as well.

Congrats on the image. Like the detail in the wing and the pose....

Ákos Lumnitzer
08-02-2009, 08:38 PM
Szia Akos,

As far as you trying to sell yourself as a well behaved boy....I don't believe in the avatar image of a Photoshop expert such as yourself.

Kacagok Lóránt! Mókás vagy!

IOW ROFL! :D Me expert? No way brother!

Raymond Barlow
08-02-2009, 08:46 PM
nice one buddy, cool wing position.