PDA

View Full Version : The other side of the sunset

Rene Quenneville
08-01-2009, 08:53 PM
This picture was taken the same night than the one I posted yesterday, On the side of Lake Memphrémagog in Magog, Qc. It was captured a few minutes prior to the other one and I had a vantage point looking away from the sunset. This is a good example to prove the point that it is important to scout around and try different comp. Looking behind you when taking sunsets can bring-up good opportunities. (By the way, I prefer this one).

This is a 3 exposures HDR

1/2 s, 1s, 2s
f/13
Iso 200
Nikon D200
40mm
tripod & remote shutter

Dave Mills
08-01-2009, 09:10 PM
Hi Rene, I also prefer this one between the two. Light is beautiful and I like your positioning of elements within the image. I also like the glow in the water from the lights and the pastel sky.

Ramesh Adkoli
08-02-2009, 07:09 AM
Rene, I feel, both images have their own strengths and they convey different perspectives. I liked the mood of this image created by soft lights, pastel sky and light reflected in the waters. I agree with you in that looking around create more opportunities for photography. If I were there, I would have focused on the drama of sunset though;-)

regards,
ramesh

Roman Kurywczak
08-02-2009, 12:27 PM
Hi Rene,
I think you handled this well. The tower is positioned nicely and even all the masts and poles have nice seperation. Nicely handled!

Jack Graham
08-02-2009, 04:57 PM
Rene,
Wonderful image... and great HDR processing as well. Makes me want to there with you!
Nice one.
JG

Ed Cordes
08-02-2009, 06:43 PM
I really like this one. The color and mood are fantastic. The choice of pano is perfect. If it were mine I might consider eliminating the bright bulb farthest to the right on the dock and its reflection in the water..