PDA

View Full Version : Bunratty stag

Hazel Grant
08-01-2009, 09:54 AM
Totally in captivity, but still took a while to get him to look at me. At Bunratty Castle in Ireland.

Thought his antler rack was grand. I cropped out grass below him and to the left.

f5.8, 1/125, 28.5mm. iso 200. sort of hand held--resting on a fence post.

(I'm a bit puzzled re color--he looks much richer in color on my computer but when I look at him on this website he looks rather washed out. Does he look that way to you?

Hazel Grant
08-01-2009, 10:09 AM
I may have just found the answer to my own question, sort of. Checked the educational forum area and found Fabs' posting of Color Proof in Photoshop. She said to check Windows RGB, as I understand it to see how the photo will actually post. Fabs, a couple questions re that.

1. Since I have a Mac, should I then check Macintosh RGB or should I stay with Windows RGB if that is what the website uses?

2. If I check this and find my photo seems washed out a big I assume I should then go back to my photo and "overcompensate" to allow it to post as I wish regardless of how it might look on my monitor?

Thanks to everyone who has posted on the educatioanal forum....I'm learning sooooo much!

Alfred Forns
08-01-2009, 02:18 PM
Hi Hazel You should convert to sRGB for Mac or Win

After converting and posting there should be no differences? Le me know if you need help

... well fed and beautiful Could you get real close?

Gus Cobos
08-01-2009, 02:28 PM
Hi Hazel,
I like the composition and capture...he sure does look healthy. Agree with Mr. Forns on converting to sRGB color pallet. I like the sharp details and pose of this young fellow...keep them coming...:cool:

Hazel Grant
08-01-2009, 02:45 PM
I was about only about 50 feet away. Cloudy day (as is true of Ireland all the time isn't it?:)
I'll try to convert to sRGB and repost.

Alfred Forns
08-01-2009, 07:52 PM
Hazel if you have CS4 and use save for web it will be converted to sRBG on its on !!!

btw in Northern Scotland I got to photograph some Highland Cattle and even got to pet them, neat looking animals !!!

Hazel Grant
08-02-2009, 02:39 AM
I have been saving it for web and just re-checked and noted that the save as sRGB box is checked, so maybe it's just my monitor/eyes.... If it looks ok to you it must be ok. Thanks for the help.

Ákos Lumnitzer
08-05-2009, 01:47 AM
Cool stag Hazel. Nice weather. Come to Australia, you'll NEVER leave. Always sunny, well almost. :D
Al, I never knew the save for web option does that. :( I already had an action for web resize that merges layers, resizes vert or horz and changes to sRGB. THanks for the tip. :)