PDA

View Full Version : sunset on the water

Rene Quenneville
07-31-2009, 08:41 PM
I have a hard time composing for sunsets. I have included this structure in the foreground but was not sure if it works to have the water line toutching the botom of the frame. Do I need a foreground element right at the bottom edge??

1/4 s
f/13
Iso 200
35mm single exposure with pano crop

Dave Leroy
08-01-2009, 09:02 AM
I like the photo Rene. Well done. The only siggestion I have would be to crop a bit of water off the bottom. Dave

Dave Mills
08-01-2009, 12:44 PM
Hi Rene, I took the liberty of doing a small amount of worr on your image. I cropped a bit off the top and lightened the water. Compositionally I feel you did a good job. There are no hardfast rules that you must have something in the foreground. It is very helpful that you do but not all images lend themselves to that type of composition. I try to have a foreground in many of my landscapes and look for them when I'm in the field but there are times when I'm at a loss to find anything I like or is useful.

Roman Kurywczak
08-02-2009, 12:15 PM
Hi Rene,
I agree with Dave and the repost is a bit stronger. You can't always have strong FG elements so working with pleasing shapes and colors as you did here works fine also.

Jack Graham
08-02-2009, 05:14 PM
Rene,
The re post is much better. This is a study in light and the hint of the water in the re post works well for me.
JG