PDA

View Full Version : When posting a "re-post. . ."

Jim Poor
02-07-2008, 08:14 AM
I don't know where the best place to put suggestions is, so I chose here.

I've noticed that several people replace their original photos when re-posting a reworked version. Unless there is a specific reason for doing it this way, I think it is a little counter productive.

Since we are all about leaning, I find it extremely valuable to see the first version along with the repost.

It is even more helpful if the two images can be situated in the same post. I don't think that can be done with the current manage attachments dialog, but I could be wrong. It can be done when manually entering a URL for an image hosted elsewhere though.

I'm curious as to what the members think, but also want to hear from admin on whether or not this is something they like.

Axel Hildebrandt
02-07-2008, 08:26 AM
It is not possible to post two images in one post using the BPN server. I very much agree with you on keeping the originally posted image and repost an altered version for comparison reasons. I think this should be standard procedure.

Robert Amoruso
02-07-2008, 11:43 AM
It is not possible to post two images in one post using the BPN server. I very much agree with you on keeping the originally posted image and repost an altered version for comparison reasons. I think this should be standard procedure.

However, in a response you can. I reposted an image I did to get rid of a color cast. Alligator in Wildlife Forum

Jim Poor
02-07-2008, 11:50 AM
You can also put two images in one post if you host elsewhere and enter the tags. I did it in OOB yesterday. That would add a step to posting though, which many would like to avoid.

Blake Shadle
02-07-2008, 02:17 PM
We had to put a limit on the number of images that you can post on a per thread basis. That's why you can add an image in a reply if you're not the thread author.