PDA

View Full Version : Berlillyne #3

Lorant Voros
07-31-2009, 08:10 PM
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/1817/hummerproject7bpn.jpg

I have been taking many pictures of my hummer friends. I like this one a lot....love the blueish above the wing.
I pre-sharpened in ACR from CS4, cropped the image and removed the corner of the feeder. Run NR on the BG and selective sharpened the head of the bird. Let me know what you think.

1DMKIII
500mm f:4
ISO 640
f:6.3
1/2500
Flash (one)
Tripod

Ilija Dukovski
07-31-2009, 09:21 PM
Brilliant, I love the bird as always, the iridescence on the green and the blue is fantastic.
You've got a killer flight pose, the HA is good, eye contact would be great...
The BG is spot-light like, I don't know how you did it? Very nice, the only problem
is the color number reduction in jpeg which made flat fields in the BG, (is it called postering?)

It is nice to see that you use masked sharpening in ACR, (I don't like the word pre-sharpening)
Can you tell us what settings did you use? Amount, radius and mask?
I think that makes the iridescence to pop-out very nicely as it did without the feel of over-sharpening
that wee see sometimes on hummers.

Brian Barcelos
07-31-2009, 10:18 PM
Lorant, Very beautiful capture. The colors are excellent, almost looks like fish scales. Nice catch light and sharpness spot on. BG very interesting, what is it? Congrats

Brian

Kiran Poonacha
08-01-2009, 01:21 AM
I just love hummer flight shots.. just wished you were a tad higher, but great details, loved the wing position and a very interesting BG.. congrats Bro, keep them coming..

Kobus Tollig
08-01-2009, 01:46 AM
Like this. You did well with the exposure and comp here. WEll done on this

Stu Bowie
08-01-2009, 05:31 AM
Your signature matches this posture perfectly. I like the iridescence, and I think you have exposed this very well. The HB stands out nicely against the darker BG.

Marion Ehrlich
08-01-2009, 06:24 AM
Excellent shot, brilliant colours and perfect sharpness! Congratulations!

Greetings,
Marion

Lorant Voros
08-01-2009, 09:23 AM
Thanks everyone for the comments.
Ilija, I got trial version of CS4 and I am reading a book on it. I used the following sharpening settings in ACR:

amount: 30
radius:1
detail: 50

I used clarity: 30. Did not compensate exp. didn't use recovery, but moved the blacks to the right side until the blacks appeared while holding down the alt key.

Brian,

BG is a tree on the left side and an electric pole with a box (tha is the "white" thing behind the bird). It was an overcast day and the BG turned out almost black.

Thanks again:-).

Wayne Wood
08-01-2009, 08:03 PM
I love the colors here especially the blue, good job on the post processing looks excellent on my monitor

David Fletcher
08-02-2009, 04:51 AM
Did really well with this. Like it all, and thx for sharing info.

Morkel Erasmus
08-02-2009, 09:13 AM
you really nail these. so sharp and they are FAST! great PP work too. keep them coming!!

Arthur Morris
08-02-2009, 02:09 PM
Love the gorget and the way you placed the bird against the ligher area of BKGR.

Ilija Dukovski
08-03-2009, 08:48 AM
Thanks everyone for the comments.
Ilija, I got trial version of CS4 and I am reading a book on it. I used the following sharpening settings in ACR:
amount: 30
radius:1
detail: 50

Thanks Lorant for the details, I always use mask too up to 60-80 even more. IMO if you sharpen the master file
there's no reason to do it for the entyre image, only to pop the edges a bit, otherwise you may end oversharpening when resizing the
image. I'm experimenting these days to see if sharpening the edges only gives consistently good not oversharpened results
in the end sized image.