PDA

View Full Version : Wild Blue Orchid

Joe Senzatimore
07-31-2009, 10:02 AM
Well it looks like an orchid although a very tiny one. About the size of a pinky fingernail. If anyone knows what species please let me know. I found it on one of my walks at a local pond. Glad I had my equipment in the car. Processed in CS3 and manipulated there as well. Original is tack sharp but I felt that the softening added some drama to the image. Dark BG is from the use of flash. I know this type of image is either loved or hated, but I for one love these.
400ISO F16 at 1/320th
Manual with flash and GF diffuser.

Milan V
07-31-2009, 01:48 PM
Very nice compo and colours but somehow I prefere orig., sharp version:)

Richard Lovison
07-31-2009, 02:17 PM
Joe,

I like the mood , composition and softness. The image is quite beautiful and dramatic. What bothers me a bit is that the image looks "photoshopped" or a bit unnatural due to a glow around parts of the image, especially the yellow area and lower stamen.

Fabs Forns
07-31-2009, 02:22 PM
Wow, drama to the max!!! I don't mind the glow but the signature is a bit distracting.

Julie Kenward
07-31-2009, 04:02 PM
I'd love to see just a tiny bit more light in the center of the flower but wow...this is gorgeous! Very nice comp and great flower for a side view. Your dramatic interpretation really sets this apart.

Charles Wesley
08-02-2009, 11:46 AM
Joe,

I really like this one. The concentrated lighting and softness gives it a wonderful feel IMO.

Thanks for sharing....

Anita Bower
08-03-2009, 04:16 AM
I think this image works well. It looks mysterious.