PDA

View Full Version : "Shades of Yellow"

Gus Cobos
07-29-2009, 04:35 PM
“Shades of Yellow”

This pretty lady was painted with a Nikon D300, using a Nikkor 200mm f/4 IF-ED macro lens with a Nikkor 36mm extension tube.

Image Solution:
focal length @ 200mm / exposure mode @ manual / in camera matrix metering / 1/250sec. - f/22 / exposure comp @ -0.3EV / ISO @ 320 / white balance @ auto / AF - Mode @ manual / color space @ sRGB / lighting solution - Nikon R1C1 wireless close up speedlight system; both light units set to minimum fill flash with a wide dispersal pattern and attached diffuser. / tone comp @ +1 degree / hue adjustment @ +2 degrees / saturation factor @ +2 degrees / support platform – monopod assist.

Comments greatly appreciated...:cool:

Alfred Forns
07-29-2009, 05:43 PM
Nice one Gus I've been trying to incorporate more space around my insects Might lighten the bee just a bit Love the yellow bg !!!

Bob Miller
07-29-2009, 10:11 PM
Gus...Love your Work! This combination of lense and extension tubes seemed to work very well here. i will try the extension tubes of my 180 mm and go back out to that dragonfly site soon.
By the way ,a special thanks for your help on my dragonfly shot. I did a repost so hope you get a chance to take a look

Jeff Cashdollar
07-29-2009, 10:26 PM
Colors are terrific, nice and close.

Ron Boisvert
07-29-2009, 10:39 PM
Hi Gus,

Your image has me wondering about something. I noticed that you have the red channel hard up against the right side of the histogram, and the blue channel hard up against the left side. I realized when I saw the histogram that I have the idea that I should always avoid that situation, and now it occurs to me that maybe I shouldn't treat that like a hard and fast rule. What is your point of view about this - are there situations where this isn't important for the success of the image? And if so, how do you know when it is OK to do it? Is it a matter of personal preference about how the tonalities are represented?

Thanks, Ron

Harold Davis
07-31-2009, 01:28 PM
some sweet macro work, gus! love it.