PDA

View Full Version : Teasel

OvidiuCavasdan
07-29-2009, 03:26 PM
Some kind of teasel, liked the round shape.
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k71/COV_2006/Teasel_2.jpg
40D, EF 100mm f2.8 Macro
f/8
1/200 sec
ISO 800
Manual mode, morning sun

Alfred Forns
07-29-2009, 05:42 PM
Sweet plant and like the composition Normally I wouldn't want the leaves clipped but I can see it would leave much room to the right so I fully agree with the crop. Good point of focus and pleasing.

About all I would do is clone some texture in the lighter areas in the stalk btw the aperture setting balances well the need for dof and keeping bg out of play !! Excellent !!!

Gus Cobos
07-29-2009, 05:49 PM
Hi Ovidiu,
I like the composition, image and capture...your subject is place just right in frame, and the color rendition is very good...I like the sharp details and the complimentary background, showcasing the subject...my only recommendation would be to tone town the hot spots on the tips of the petals...aside from this, you did very well...congrats...looking forward to your next one...:cool:

Ron Boisvert
07-29-2009, 10:20 PM
Hi Ovidiu, I agree with Al and Gus's assessment, and I'm glad you posted this image. I like how the background looks brushed, like the composition, and I also learned what a Teasel is; I had never heard of one. I look forward to your next post!

Harold Davis
07-31-2009, 01:39 PM
love the composition. simple and effective! agree with the others about toning down the hotter areas. i might tone down the entire image just a bit to see what it looks like. great job with the dof. everything looks tack sharp!!

Lance Peters
07-31-2009, 06:08 PM
agree with the above comments - good show.
P.S. seeing a definite improvement in the images you are posting - keep up the good work :)