PDA

View Full Version : Day Dreamin'

Harold Davis
07-28-2009, 05:07 PM
one from sunday morning on SoBe. i did a lot of clean up on this one. tons of trash on the beach and a few people had to be evicted. i did a few things in this one trying to create a mood that just wasnt there. dont know if i succeeded or not?

D300, 18-200VR at 24mm, f/16, 1/2.5s, +1.0EV, ISO 400, 3-stop GND. this was my first time out with the GND filter. i dont think i really needed it here. a polarizer filter would have been a better option? which i changed to later on.

thanks for looking. comments and critiques are appreciated.

CliveTonge
07-28-2009, 05:31 PM
Hi Harold,
I like the composition, general feel, and colours you have in this picture.
I don't know if a Polarizing filter would have worked better than a GND. I think it would have worked for the sky over the tower from the angle of the sun that I can see. It is probably one of those things you have to experiment with.
I think, that you could have backed off on the EV a bit. It can be hard to tell on the LCD sometimes.
There is some nice contrast, colour and saturation on the beach and the sky on the right hand side of the picture, but it is missing on the left hand side.
Finally for fun, I would like to see it with the saturation on the guard tower higher.
Thank you for sharing
Clive

Harold Davis
07-28-2009, 05:42 PM
thanks clive. i had the saturation higher on the lifeguard station, and let me tell you, i was glowing!!!! and that was in it's natural state. i desated the oranges a ton.

Gus Cobos
07-28-2009, 06:18 PM
I like this very much my good Doctor...the colors and feel are sweet...at what time was this taken at? I would have liked to have been there with you guys...:( I like the tones and hues of the water and the sand...the lifeguard station is placed well in frame...good show...:cool:

Harold Davis
07-28-2009, 06:20 PM
at what time was this taken at?

i'd say around 6:50am. i'm on the laptop. dont have the exif here.

hope you had a great vacation!! good to have you back.

Bob Miller
07-28-2009, 08:07 PM
Hi Harold....I like the similarity of colors in the sky and the life station. If it were mine I would try darkening the entire picture to bring out a mood of first light..or shoot much earlier. Still a very nice beach scene!

Lance Peters
07-29-2009, 03:54 AM
HI Harold - nice - lie it as it is - but do see what clive is talking about as well - would change the entire feel though.
Cool :)

Connie Mier
07-29-2009, 06:05 PM
Whimsical and very SoBe! I wonder if we can use your cloning techniques in real life down here in Miami.;)

Harold Davis
07-29-2009, 06:12 PM
I wonder if we can use your cloning techniques in real life down here in Miami.;)

trust me, if i could, i would have already started in PB Co!!!!:D

thanks for the comments.