PDA

View Full Version : Momma Bear and her two little cubs

Judy Lynn Malloch
07-28-2009, 02:59 PM
Just returned from an awesome trip photographing the Brown Bears at Hollow Bay, Alaska. The trip surpassed my greatest expectations and the opportunities were numerous. There were many cubs and born this past spring as well as cubs that were a year old. The beauty that surrounded us was breathtaking and even though it rained every day of our trip we still came away feeling that it was the best ever !!! There were only five of us on the boat that were photographing and a superb group to be a part of. Hope you will enjoy the series.

Nikon D3
Nikon 600mm
ISO 400
1/1250, F8
manual

All comments are appreciated.

Ákos Lumnitzer
07-28-2009, 04:56 PM
Great framing and I like the soft light. Glad you had a fabulous trip! Rain is only an inconvenience, not a spoiler of outings. :)
Love the look on the family, as Peter said great HA on all three. ample negative space too. :) Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to more.

Harshad Barve
07-28-2009, 09:11 PM
IMHO slightly tight trop will pop them up ,
Great shot , nice 3 X HA
Looking for more
TFS

Ken Watkins
07-29-2009, 01:34 AM
Even though I have no idea what 3 X HA means , I still think this is a great shot. Not only did the rain soften the light it undoubtedly contributed to the stunning grass colours!

David Fletcher
07-29-2009, 06:10 AM
Well, if this the start of a series, my expectations are set. Beautiful image. High cuteness factor and intense greens. 3 x HA. Good composition. Love the raised from from mama.

Looking forward to more too. This is so good and appealing!

Grace Scalzo
07-29-2009, 07:58 AM
I wondered where you've been. THis is such an appealing image. I like the surrounding habitat, and the bears are so interesting with the two cubs and the pose of the mother. Looking forward to more!!

Connie Mier
07-29-2009, 08:06 AM
Judy, this is great, the framing, the position of the family members, it really tells a story. The background is perfect too. Can't wait to see more from your trip.
Connie
PS, Ken, I can't believe it but I actually know what Harshad meant by 3XHA, all three animals have a head angle toward the camera!:)

Fabs Forns
07-29-2009, 10:22 AM
What a sweet family portrait, with saturated greens from the rain, very nice, Judy, glad you had a great time.

You were missed ;)

Dave Mills
07-29-2009, 12:12 PM
Hi Judy, From the light,comp,color and story telling all well handled which makes for an exceptional image.

Kiran Khanzode
07-29-2009, 07:11 PM
Lovely family portrait, the wet look makes it different !

stuart wanuck
07-31-2009, 11:58 AM
great image glad your back want to see more!!!!

Axel Hildebrandt
07-31-2009, 12:11 PM
I like the setting, mood, sharpness, and might be tempted to lighten the eyes a little bit.

John Ippolito
08-01-2009, 03:01 PM
Judy, I just love everything about this. Expressions, wet fur, juxtaposition, colors and setting. Excellent!