PDA

View Full Version : Gulls

Manos Papadomanolakis
07-28-2009, 06:10 AM
Was created from my car in Moronis sea
I would prefer a better bg....but I Iike the action:)
Canon 30D Canon 100-400mm
1/800 f 5.6 iso 640
thanks for looking

Colin Driscoll
07-28-2009, 06:43 AM
I have no problem with the BG, it's just a good real-life shot. Maybe a slightly higher f-stop would have added DOF to bring the flying bird into better focus, but then you mightn't have stopped the action well enough.

Daniel Cadieux
07-28-2009, 06:57 AM
Nice interaction. Were they scrapping for food, or just a small territorial spat? The BG is what it is but still not bad - I like the bubbling incoming water near the birds. I would prefer a better HA on the upper bird and given the opposite directions the birds are facing this would work well as a square comp with some off the left (and a little more canvas above).

Brian Zwiebel
07-28-2009, 07:27 AM
I don't mind the background at all here Manos. I like the action captured. Better lighting would be desirable and the mentioned head angle would be a plus.

Good Shooting!

BZ

Manos Papadomanolakis
07-28-2009, 10:23 AM
Nice interaction. Were they scrapping for food, or just a small territorial spat? The BG is what it is but still not bad - I like the bubbling incoming water near the birds. I would prefer a better HA on the upper bird and given the opposite directions the birds are facing this would work well as a square comp with some off the left (and a little more canvas above).
Daniel..... just a small territorial spat!

Stu Bowie
07-28-2009, 01:44 PM
Great interaction between the two, and both well exposed. I dont mind the BG either. Well captured Manos.

Ramon M. Casares
07-29-2009, 12:13 AM
I do wish for a lower angel to improve BG but the pose, natural moment and interaction are VERY nice here. More room on top and a better wing position on the flying gull would've been nice.
Congratulaitons!