PDA

View Full Version : Goose Landing #2

Ron Boisvert
07-27-2009, 10:56 PM
Canon 20D w/ 70-200 f/4, 1.4xTC, @280mm handheld
ISO 400, f/10 @ 1/1250, Av, Auto Exposure, +2/3EV, heavy crop all around, 10:00 am

One more time... this is a heavy crop from an 8MP camera, so the sharpness is lacking at this magnification. My purpose for posting this image is to receive feedback on the direction and quality of lighting, the composition, whether I should be pulling my whites back farther, and the bird's body position. As usual, comments and criticism about anything else are also welcome. And feel free to repost too.

Thanks for looking!

Alfred Forns
07-27-2009, 11:20 PM
Hi Ron

Not bad at all Just a little off sun angle and light getting harsh With light over your shoulder and soft light there will be no shadows on the bird and the feathers will have lots of detail.

Around the farm deck you don't get perfect conditions often In the seven years that I've been to Bosque just had a few days of perfect conditions !!! The best ever was as you turn into the fields sitting by the ditch and birds landing into me one after another .. using a 400 and having to back up !!!!!! Just pray to corn to be cut near the road and get the right wind !!!

Kerry Perkins
07-27-2009, 11:35 PM
Hey Ron, looking good! I like your crop and the whites are definitely in the right place. As Al said, the softer light will give you more details but I understand your approach of shooting all day for practice! I have hundreds of tern shots from mid-day that I did for practice. ;) As you said, could be sharper but not bad for a big crop. Might want to try just a tad more saturation to bring out the feet and bill. Good show!

Lance Peters
07-28-2009, 03:43 AM
Hi Ron - looking good - just need it to be not so much of a crop and a bit of attention to the light etc....

Gus Cobos
07-28-2009, 05:11 AM
Hi Ron,
A very fine capture indeed, I like the fine details and the wing position on the down stroke...well done...all of the techs. on the lighting have been covered...looking forward to your next one...:cool:

Christopher Miller
07-28-2009, 10:39 AM
Very nice pose, Ron. Agree with advice already given. Hope that next time you get some perfect lighting!

Harold Davis
07-28-2009, 05:52 PM
cool wing pose, ron!! techs covered nicely above.