PDA

View Full Version : "A Trace of Red"

Gus Cobos
07-27-2009, 07:03 PM
“A Trace of Red”

This beautiful lady was painted with a Nikon D300, using a Nikkor 105mm f/2.8D IF-ED macro lens, and a 12mm extension tube.

Image Solution:
focal length @ 105mm / exposure mode @ aperture priority / in camera matrix metering / 1/60sec. - f/11 / exposure comp @ -0.7EV / ISO @ 320 / white balance @ custom profile, using an Expo disk for color calibration / AF - Mode @ manual / color space @ sRGB / lighting solution - Nikon R1C1 wireless close up speedlight system; both light units set to minimum fill flash with a wide dispersal pattern and attached diffuser. / tone comp @ +1 degree / hue adjustment @ +1 degree / saturation factor @ +2 degrees / support platform - tripod assist, with macro focusing rail, and remote electronic trigger release /

Comments greatly appreciated...:cool:

Rene Quenneville
07-27-2009, 08:59 PM
Wow, outstanding colors and details. The soft lighting and DOF fit the subject perfectly. As for composition, the soft top part does not add much to the image. A square crop of only the bottom of the picture (or rectangular removing the top 1/4) seems to reinforce the patterns.

Alfred Forns
07-27-2009, 10:38 PM
Been missing your fine compositions Gus !!! Another beauty !!!!

I like Rene's suggestions and would at least take a little form the top !! Big Congrats !!!!

Lance Peters
07-28-2009, 03:41 AM
Awesome Gus - this is over the top - love the receding lines drawing you into the shot - Excelent :)

Jeff Cashdollar
07-28-2009, 07:42 AM
Gus,

Welcome back, I agree with Rene. My eye stalls at the top of the photo.

Colorful, beautiful image.

Christopher Miller
07-28-2009, 10:34 AM
Very nice, Gus. Love the colors and lines. Personally I would crop just a little from the top, leaving the center of the flower still visible.

Harold Davis
07-28-2009, 05:54 PM
did you take a mobile studio with you on vacation!!! :) agree with the others on the slight crop off the top. once again, these colors are sweet with that light. nice job.

Bob Miller
07-28-2009, 07:35 PM
Hi Gus....I agree taking some( i like about 1/2 inch ) really improves the composition. Lovely