PDA

View Full Version : foggy lenses

stuart wanuck
07-26-2009, 02:12 PM
do not hear any discussion regarding vapor condensation of lenses.always concerned when getting out of our
airconditionrd cars my large lenses always fog.now 15 min prior to my destination arrival i cut the air conditioning to give the lenses time to breathe.any hints thanks

Fabs Forns
07-26-2009, 02:14 PM
What we do is, before we leave home, use a warm blower to blow air into the bag and after a few minutes, close the bag and keep in the trunk if you have one. Our car is solid air conditioner, no trunk, but it still works.

Thanks for your idea :)

Jim Neiger
07-26-2009, 02:38 PM
In the summer, I try to put the camera bag in my garage at least an hour before I leave and then I try not to use the AC in the car and drive with windows open instead.

Ed Cordes
07-26-2009, 08:13 PM
Yup! It has occurred to us as well. We fight the issue by not using AC and trying to keep things at at steady temp. It has also occurred in winter when the heated car and cold outside air causes fogging after a shoot and returning to the car. This is harder to fight, especially in the Northeast in January!

Jackie Schuknecht
07-26-2009, 08:20 PM
What about covering the lens in a big plastic bag. Any condensation should adhere to the plastic.