PDA

View Full Version : Little Blue from Shark Valley

Grady Weed
02-06-2008, 08:48 PM
I was able to spend some time with this wonderful creature while at Shark Valley. It was sunning itself while fishing for his breakfeast. So I took the opportunity to create this image. I was about 50 fet away with sun to my left and behind me. Cropped for a 9x12. Shot from tripod. Settled on this crop for a close up. I have some others that are farther back and include more shrubbery for a great habitat, which I tend to like you will notice.

Canon EOS-1D Mark II N, Shooting Date/Time 1/27/2008, early morning light as is was just peaking over the trees, Tv(Shutter Speed) 1/320Sec. Av(Aperture Value) F9.0, something different, Metering Evaluative, Exposure Compensation -1/3, ISO 400, Lens EF300mm f/2.8L IS USM, Focal Length 300.0 mm.

Room to improve? Please feel free to let me in on your perspective.

Axel Hildebrandt
02-06-2008, 10:38 PM
Nice habitat image and relaxed pose. The BG is quite busy but the bird stands out well enough. I might put him a tiny bit further to the left in the frame.

Alfred Forns
02-06-2008, 10:45 PM
Hi Grady Lots of good things going on here Good space for the bird, good head angle and pose Bg is solid enogh that the bird stands out Would suggest to move the bird from the middle third by placing it higher Excellent image !!!!

Mike Wilson
02-06-2008, 11:08 PM
Great image, just needs some eye contact and maybe going to -0.7 on your exposure compensation. The lores (area at base of bill near the eye) looks a bit bright as posted.