PDA

View Full Version : "The Nest"

Jackie Schuknecht
07-26-2009, 07:37 AM
In California near Big Sur, amongst the yurts was "The Nest", facing the Pacific and with no amenities or heating. The first night we stayed the wind was blasting and we were warm in our yurt with propane heating, while someone was staying in the yurt. (Two night minimum) Must have been sleeping in a down filled mummy bag !!!

"Ocean view campsite with human nest included"..........

Expansive, breathtaking ocean view, walk-in campsite with picnic table & nearby access to water spigot comes included with private use of wood-woven nest. The nest has a wood ladder access, there is a fullsized futon mattress perched inside it. You haul your own sleeping bags and pillows up the ladder to nestle in for the night.
$95 for two guests (strict maximum occupancy of two guests, adults 18 yrs and older only) Min 2 nite stay
As with other campsites, there is no late check-ins permitted - it is very dark after sundown. Please plan to arrive at least two hours before sunset to set up camp.
Absolutely no open cookfires or campfires due to fire hazard. Guests may bring a tabletop camp stove for cooking or dine at lodge restaurant.

Jackie Schuknecht
07-26-2009, 07:38 AM
View from the top of the ladder......

Dave Mills
07-26-2009, 10:59 AM
Hi Jackie, this is wild...never saw a yurt before...

Art Kornienko
07-26-2009, 12:14 PM
Certainly is different Jackie, very interesting, thanks for posting, don't think I could convince my better half to stay there.

Ákos Lumnitzer
07-26-2009, 06:38 PM
This is perfect for a little Neanderthal like me! How cool is this? Thanks for sharing Jackie

Alfred Forns
07-26-2009, 07:39 PM
That is roughing it big time !! ... had no idea !!! ... I'm sure you could do some nice macro there :)

Gus Cobos
07-27-2009, 12:08 PM
Love it Lady Jackie...:eek: now you know that I have to try this out...:D I like the view...thanks for sharing...:cool:

Mirenchu Fernandez
07-28-2009, 05:48 PM
This awesome, thank you for sharing!

Kerry Perkins
08-03-2009, 08:07 PM
Jackie, did they have room service? Pretty darned minimalist, I'd say!! =:o)