PDA

View Full Version : Top Bird

Mark Fuge
07-25-2009, 06:00 PM
Shot this a few years ago at Lion Country Safari. The tree was full of Ibis with one "Top Bird".

The vision wasn't complete until I learned about filters here. This made it interesting.

Filters included - Poster Edge, Ink Outline, Diffused Glow, Canvas and the lighting effect.

Hope you enjoy!

Dave Mills
07-25-2009, 06:06 PM
Hi Mark, I like the colors,filters and comp selected.I also like how the light graduates but for my taste I would like a lighter bottom third.

Ákos Lumnitzer
07-25-2009, 06:42 PM
Cool idea Mark. I like your thinking. :) I kind of like the various lighting throughout the image.

Jackie Schuknecht
07-25-2009, 06:51 PM
Neat shot Mark, has a very oriental feel to it. Like the feel of this one. Looks like a careful composition.

Julie Kenward
07-25-2009, 09:19 PM
I like the graduated degrees of lightness but wish the structure of the birds was a bit clearer. Overall, this is really a very cool concept!

Mark Fuge
07-26-2009, 05:42 AM
Thanks for the comments.

As noted, this was an image waiting for a format. It was a grab shot at Lion Country, as we were walking though the safari area, with our granddaughter a few years ago. I saw all the birds in the tree and took the image. It was distant, so the birds are not well defined. Missed the exposure slightly as well. But found a new life, in filters, that otherwise would not be. Not perfect, but as some mentioned, interesting.

Cheryl Slechta
07-26-2009, 09:47 AM
Mark - I really like this - the birds seem to glow. I love the texture and the different lighting - it has almost
a mysterious feel to it. (An oriental mysterious feel:))

Cindy Cone
07-26-2009, 12:53 PM
Very creative, Mark. Wonderful texture, and I like the graduated lighting. I might try to lighten the top left just a tad to accentuate the top bird.

denise ippolito
07-28-2009, 07:17 AM
Mark, To me this has a slight Asian feel so the comp. is great IMO. Well done w/ the filters.

Mark Fuge
07-28-2009, 08:37 AM
Thanks all, appreciate the comments.