PDA

View Full Version : Australia: Jabiru (Black-necked Stork)

Jim Neiger
07-25-2009, 04:45 PM
http://www.flightschoolphotography.com/POST/JS1.jpg
Cape York, Australia - 1D3, 500mm+1.4xTC, hand held, 1/2000, F5.6, ISO 800, manual exposure

Phil Ertel
07-25-2009, 06:00 PM
Very nice! What a bird! Your exposure and details are very good and I like the position of the wings. Good eye contact also. If you haven't already done so, you might try and lighten the shadow on the bird nick a little. My only other comment would be to try to tone down/darken the highlights some in the background as I find them mildly distracting. I do think it works as presented though. Thanks for sharing.

Jay Gould
07-25-2009, 06:15 PM
Hey Mate, any of us living Down Under would be pleased to have that hanging on our wall (AS IS!), or in our case living in a caravan, filling the frame of one of our overhead cabinets (since we don't have walls). Thanks for sharing; I have seen the Jabiru walking all around the Cape - haven't seen them flying.

Ákos Lumnitzer
07-25-2009, 06:23 PM
Wonderful flight image Jim. Gorgeous bird and it escapes me which has the yellow eye. I think the female. It is technically known as the Black-necked Stork, though Jabiru is still widely used and has an Aboriginal origin. In a perfect world this lady would have her third primary feather in place. :) I have only seen these in my local wildlife park. Thanks for sharing,

Jim Neiger
07-25-2009, 07:02 PM
Wonderful flight image Jim. Gorgeous bird and it escapes me which has the yellow eye. I think the female. It is technically known as the Black-necked Stork, though Jabiru is still widely used and has an Aboriginal origin. In a perfect world this lady would have her third primary feather in place. :) I have only seen these in my local wildlife park. Thanks for sharing,

Thanks, Akos. This is a female. The males have black eyes.

Ákos Lumnitzer
07-25-2009, 07:17 PM
Tx Jim. I also looked it up. wonderful birds. :)

Ian McHenry
07-25-2009, 07:40 PM
Hi Jim
Really nice angle on this impressive BIF.
Beautiful details.
Have only seen them on the ground @ Perth Zoo.
Cheers: Ian Mc

David Fletcher
07-26-2009, 05:48 AM
Super flight shot Jim. Like as is.

Juan Aragonés
07-26-2009, 07:42 AM
Superb flight Jim. BG works fine for me and you did an excelent exposure job. That eye rocks!

Stu Bowie
07-26-2009, 09:10 AM
Here's a stork I havent seen before. Lovely colours, nice and sharp, and I like the mottled BG.

Ramon M. Casares
07-26-2009, 05:51 PM
Not my favortie wing position but it still works for me, species is gorgeous and light, BG and detail as well as colors are simply stunnnig! Congratulaitons!

Kiran Poonacha
07-27-2009, 06:47 AM
Great image Sir, loved the colours, pose and details here..congrats..

Krijn Trimbos
07-27-2009, 07:04 AM
Excellent flight shot Jim! Love the wing position, light, colours and BG. Would give it a bit more room all around but that is about it. Congrats