PDA

View Full Version : Pet Assignment - better late than never

Amy DeStefanis
07-25-2009, 08:12 AM
Well, I WAS going to shoot some photos of Lori over the July 4th weekend, but this little puppy decided she didn't care much for the firecrackers that some idiot kids threw over the back fence, and at the first chance, she bolted out of the back gate, and ran.... She was gone for 2 nights (including the 4th - with fireworks going off all around her) and one day.... On the 6th, someone spotted her during rush hour, stopped, and called the number on the tag. I had JUST bought her the ID tag with my phone number that same day!!!

She was fine - but she had torn up her paws during her run, and has had to take it easy for a couple of weeks. She's almost back to her old self...

We got these wagon-wheel chairs for the back yard, and she is happy to have some furniture she's actually allowed on!

:)

Enjoy

Alfred Forns
07-25-2009, 08:40 AM
What an ordeal I'm so happy she is fine !!! Does look to be back to normal !!! Love those ears !!!

Axel Hildebrandt
07-25-2009, 10:30 AM
I'm glad you got her back and she recovered from the stress.

Ákos Lumnitzer
07-25-2009, 11:35 AM
So happy for you Amy for getting your pup back. Must have been a nightmare without her. :( A happy ending indeed. Thanks for sharing.

Grace Scalzo
07-25-2009, 03:38 PM
As a dog owner myself (2), I can imagine your anxiety and your pup's over this. She looks beautiful, and happy to be home. Nice thing that person did who spotted her.

Gus Cobos
07-27-2009, 12:48 PM
A lovely girl indeed...now she looks calm, cool, and collective...:D:cool:

Randy Mays
07-27-2009, 05:36 PM
Very nice capture and so glad she is back ! I like happy endings.

Judy Lynn Malloch
07-29-2009, 05:13 PM
Amy I am so glad that she was returned to you. We had the same thing happen with our little doxen on July 4th about 12 years ago but sadly the ending was not as happy. She is just beautiful and her eyes are just gorgeous. Thanks for sharing her with us.

Amy DeStefanis
08-02-2009, 10:36 AM
Hi everyone,

Thanks for all of your good wishes. Judy, I'm so sorry about your loss 12 years ago. I know that's a long time, but this was something I didn't think I'd ever get over if anything happened. While searching for her, I did see another unfortunate pet.... Even before having a dog, we have been terrorized for years every 4th of July and NewYears by incredibly inconsiderate neighbors. I wish Florida would enforce its laws against fireworks. Officially, the only "firework" that is legal is sparklers. It's very aggravating.

Hopefully soon I will be back in the groove shooting pictures and participating in more forums - but puppy takes up quite a bit of attention these days!

Thanks for everything, all.

Amy