PDA

View Full Version : Roadside Hawk V

Ramon M. Casares
07-24-2009, 07:13 PM
I am sorry to keep showing the same species, but as I change perches, BGs and poses I want to share it here and here opinions, today he arrived a bit too early and light was still harsh and the sun was not behind me yet. I added the plant and placed the honeycomb there myself with glue, it is winter here and there were no wasps :). Hope you like it.

1/2000Seg.
F5.0
ISO 500
MarkII
300mm f4
Blind
Monopod
Bait
I added room to the left and a tiny tail tip and aslo did some work on the BG.

Comments and critiques are welcome and apreciated.

Raul Quinones
07-24-2009, 07:23 PM
What I like,
Details, colors, background, detail/sharpness, and composition. I also love the feathers on the back.

I will not be able to provide any recommendations how to improve it... Awesome picture

Raul

Ákos Lumnitzer
07-24-2009, 07:40 PM
Mi amigo
Your work gets better with every post. I am in awe at your creativity. Thanks for sharing. Just don't sniff that glue brother!

Aidan Briggs
07-24-2009, 07:44 PM
Nice light, exposure, and BG. I like the ruffled feathers on the back. I do prefer the perch, and poses in your previous shots better though.

Rohan Kamath
07-24-2009, 07:45 PM
Wow this is fascinating. Agree with everything Raul said.

Lorant Voros
07-24-2009, 08:31 PM
I like the pose, perch, detail, colors. Indeed you are very creative. Only thing looks a bit strange to me is the blue in the BG at the back of the bird. Nice capture; congratulations Ramon.

Nancy A Elwood
07-24-2009, 08:43 PM
Ramon your series has been just wonderful!! I have enjoyed each one! Everything is right! The light you are getting is just lovely. Congrats!!

Nancy

Dan Walker
07-24-2009, 09:00 PM
Ramon, I like this perch better. Very sharp, Great BG but the blue blob above the rump is a little distracting. Best of the bunch so far

Ilija Dukovski
07-24-2009, 09:26 PM
Very good, excellent, great HA, strong light but nicely done. Like the honeycomb, not sure about plant.

BTW is feels like winter here too:( It is unusually cold and rainy...

Brian Barcelos
07-24-2009, 10:40 PM
Ramon, you could post a hundred of this hawk and I wouldn't get tired of him, very beautiful species as are all raptors to me. I do find the foliage a bit awkward but it doesn't take away from this image. Marvelous.

Brian

Harshad Barve
07-24-2009, 11:12 PM
Ramon this is so good , BG , Bird, Perch, eyes, feathers on back ,
All in all rocking image
TFS
Harshad

Kiran Poonacha
07-25-2009, 01:02 AM
Beautiful roman, until I joined this forum, I never knew or thought of artificial perch setting. should try it out sometime. Great image brother.. congrats...

Stu Bowie
07-25-2009, 01:33 AM
Ramon, the sharpness you are achieving in these images is amazing. You are capturing so much detail, and your pp work is outstanding. Brilliant IQ in this too. I just find the dark area behind the bird a bit distracting, together with the slight hint of blue on the RHS. Still, the overall image far outweighs those two points. Congrats.

Danny Laredo
07-25-2009, 02:58 AM
Ramon, this is wonderful.
Love the whole set-up. perch pose light detail all superb.

Gyorgy Szimuly
07-25-2009, 05:13 AM
I still find it a rocking image. Lovely sharpness and nice lights on the back.
The green leaves looks to be unnatural to me. Never mind posting different images of the same species. They are a pleasure to watch. :)

Szimi

Manos Papadomanolakis
07-25-2009, 08:14 AM
And this perch is very beautiful!!!
Great composition,eye contact,colors,bg!

Raymond Barlow
07-25-2009, 09:43 AM
excellent image Ramon, i would really like to know how you manage to have this bird returning to the perch regularly.. amazing.

John Chardine
07-25-2009, 09:45 AM
I have really enjoyed this series Ramón! What a fabulous bird! You have dealt with the lighting well in all of them- I think it helps to have such a nice BG that is a darker tone than the bird. The perches have been really nice too. Were they set up or natural? If set up they sure do look natural!

Juan Carlos Vindas
07-25-2009, 10:12 AM
Muy bella imagen Ramon.

Great image Ramon. Love the pose and sharpness you got here.
The perch looks very natural and light is fine with me. Keep sharing this great images.

Hugh J McLaughlin
07-25-2009, 03:03 PM
Beautiful subject that I haven't got tired of. Nice work with the glue and great idea.

Rich Steel
07-26-2009, 04:40 AM
Hi Ramon

You are having some great fun and results with this bird. Image quality is superb as have been the previous posts. I find the blue area at the end of the wings takes away slightly from a very good background. I think the perch would be improved without the leaves as they don't quite look right on this old weather branch.

Cheers

Rich

Ramon M. Casares
07-26-2009, 05:29 PM
Thank you all very much for your comments and honest critique, I preety much agree that the blue patches are less than ideal and also the leaves don't look quite right, but IMO that last thing is due to the fact that I didn't put enought leaves, I think that with more it will look better, those leaves are of a climbing plant FYI.
Roadside Hawk IV is still my favorite, I am working to get a better image, I will probalby relocate the perch to be able to work with better BGs as were it is now I have very few degrees to move the camera wothout compromising the BG.
Well, again, thanks!

Dr.Pranay Rao Juvvadi
07-28-2009, 11:10 AM
Everything is in perfect order, I don't mind the blue patches in the BG. If you hadn't mentioned, I would have never guessed that the perch was set up. Personally, I'm not a fan of set ups.